Prostate 2 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

120Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 117 (permalink) Old 17-02-2019, 10:29 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: I drive...Auto Trail Navajo
Personal Aire
Prostate 2

On Tuesday we are orf to Berlin to see the new urologists.
I'm a bit nervous about driving there to tell the truth because I have no idea how to get into the car park or even which car park because it looks a big place. We then have to find the right `House´ number 8.

We will go in the Navajo because the booking chap told Hans to bring 3-4 hours time with him which means he will probably be hanging about a lot so can hang out with Motley and me in the Navajo.

I've started a new thread because the other seems more orthopaedic than prostate
Pudsey_Bear likes this.

I'm Jan
We learn something new every day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 117 (permalink) Old 17-02-2019, 10:32

My Motorhome: 2000 Autotrail Mohican on Sprinter base
Personal Aire
Send a message via AIM to Pudsey_Bear Send a message via Yahoo to Pudsey_Bear
I think you said you were going to Google parking near it Jan, didn't you find anywhere, do they do park n ride in the father land?
post #3 of 117 (permalink) Old 17-02-2019, 10:36 Thread Starter

Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudsey_Bear View Post
I think you said you were going to Google parking near it Jan, didn't you find anywhere, do they do park n ride in the father land?
Park and ride is no good with Motley and where will we go all this waiting time.
I have googled, google earthed and there are parking areas around the hospital of course where we can stay for the day, but which car park should I use, I must ring the hospital tomorrow, maybe they have a GPS they can give me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot 2019-02-17 at 07.36.34.jpg (980.2 KB, 16 views)

I'm Jan

post #4 of 117 (permalink) Old 18-02-2019, 11:40

Hospitals should have aires!
Pudsey_Bear and JanHank like this.
post #5 of 117 (permalink) Old 18-02-2019, 14:06

My Motorhome: 2000 Autotrail Mohican on Sprinter base
Personal Aire
Send a message via AIM to Pudsey_Bear Send a message via Yahoo to Pudsey_Bear
some are crap at having parking around here, staff takes it all.
post #6 of 117 (permalink) Old 19-02-2019, 20:39

My Motorhome: Hymer T625
Well its Tuesday. Hope all going well, Jan and parking works out. My worry too, often! Looking forward to your (good) news.

Viv

"When I was 17 the boys used to call me "Coke-bottle-legs". Fifty years later, they are still like Coke bottles. Sadly, the 2 litre version!"
post #7 of 117 (permalink) Old 19-02-2019, 20:40

My Motorhome: Hymer T625
When I was in hospital in Norwich, a lady traveller in the bed opposite had arrived in her moho which was parked in the grounds. Luckily it was motorised.
patp likes this.

Viv

"When I was 17 the boys used to call me "Coke-bottle-legs". Fifty years later, they are still like Coke bottles. Sadly, the 2 litre version!"
post #8 of 117 (permalink) Old 20-02-2019, 10:25

I think I know how you feel Jan. Five years ago Cathie fell onto the corner of a solid television table very late at night. The pain became unbearable so we set off for Limoges hospital around 4am. I had never been there before so was equally nervous about parking. I found the hospital is a very large complex and drove into the only place I could see a sign that said Urgences. It turned out to be Maternity urgencies! However they were very helpful and friendly and arranged an ambulance to take Cathie to the correct place. It always cheers her up being asked if she is pregnant by nice young men doctors.
My next trip to the hospital was laying in the back of an ambulance so I am still very uncertain about where one should park. There is a choice of several so basically you choose one that has the closest spaces.
patp likes this.

Paul
Founder of SillyLeaks
post #9 of 117 (permalink) Old 20-02-2019, 10:28 Thread Starter

Personal Aire
The GPS found the place itself spot on however the way the Navi took us was a nightmare for us.
I parked in a forbidden place because there was no where else to park a long vehicle.
The hospital is a gigantic place, but we stopped close to the main entrance where Hans had to report.

He had blood and urine samples taken, also saw the surgeon who did an ultra sound through the unmentionable entrance and announced the prostate was Schön Gross./ nice and big.

He also saw the anaesthetist, in all it took almost 5 hours. Of course all this meant he had to walk miles from one station or Haus as they are called, to another, thank goodness his legs worked well yesterday. So almost all the pre-op preparation was done.

I stayed at the van with Motley who never wants to go to Berlin again.

The plan is Hans goes into hospital on the 4th of March and stays for 5 days, I will not be visiting him

On the 1st of March he has to go to his normal urologist to be checked for infections, they did ask him to go back to the hospital for that and he said “no way”, so it´s arranged he goes to his usual urologist.

I expect if there is an infection it will tell them which antibiotic to give him before the op, I assume intravenously.

While I was waiting in the Navajo a man slapped a ticket under the windscreen wiper, I rushed out and asked what it was, to cut a long story short after I explained there was nowhere else for a long vehicle and I thought in this corner I wasn’t causing an obstruction, we had driven for nearly 3 hours and I had no idea where I could park other than there he said I could stay. Parking cost 9€.

This was the worst day out we have had since arriving in Germany in 2005.

I will never rely on a Navi again, it took us through Berlin and the journey took 2hrs 15 mins of really stressful driving.

Came home via motorways, many more Km. but took less than 2 hours.

We were so tired we went to bed at 9.15 pm. We slept then were Both awake thinking it must be nearly time to get up, time 1.30 am
made a cuppa and tried to sleep again. Neither of us could stop thinking of the terrible journey through Berlin and people actually live in that hell hole. I think it will take a few days to wash it out of our heads.

___
aldra likes this.

I'm Jan
post #10 of 117 (permalink) Old 20-02-2019, 12:02

My Motorhome: Hymer Exsis-i 504
Maybe check your settings on the satnav Jan? Mine (a tomtom camper) allows me to select fastest journey, shortest, eco, and a few others. I can set it to ask me which type of journey each time. Maybe yours is set to shortest, in km?

Glad that's all behind you now.

Jean

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page