mesothelioma - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

26Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 30-01-2016, 17:20 Thread Starter

mesothelioma

As I have the world interested in Mesothelioma due to my Receiving the BACh I would like to have it here for reference for anyone else that is diagnosed with the asbestos Terminal Illness. There is no cure and although I have become the first person Uk and the world, to have so much shrinkage and the Meso doesn't show in my Tumours I know it is hiding to hit back at a later day.So before time does run out I want to share as much Awareness as possible about the disease and Asbestos. I have become The Patron of Hazmat Professional Foundation As I back the lads that strip Asbestos out of Buildings to make our life safer but are in danger of Mesothelioma as the Peak of 2015 just has not happened and the figurers go up. Also I want Asbestos out of schools as we are loosing people of 20/30 It is a horror story that I have found myself in. Then there is the fight for treatment and at last drugs are appearing that seem to be having the answer to cancer. I would like to share the great day I had at the House of Lords https://rayandmave.wordpress.com/201...r-health-bcah/
cabby, cabby, Brock and 21 others like this.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to locovan For This Useful Post:
ChrisandJohn (30-01-2016), HermanHymer (01-02-2016), neilmac (30-01-2016), patp (30-01-2016), Penquin (30-01-2016), Pudsey_Bear (31-01-2016), StephandJohn (31-01-2016), suedew (31-01-2016), zoro (30-01-2016)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 30-01-2016, 18:01

Hello Mavis

Congratulations on your award! Well deserved!

You may remember that Mr P has asbestos on his lung. Can you direct me to a help forum or similar? The doctor just says that he should come back if he starts to lose weight. Do you think that this is good advice or should he (I) be making more of a fuss to get him monitored? I remember you saying once that it does not always develop into mesothelioma. Is that still the latest thinking? Is that why they do not monitor him?

Do you still have your dog?
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 30-01-2016, 19:27

My Motorhome: Swift Kontiki 615
Personal Aire
I am DELIGHTED to see you on here, welcome and of course, congratulations.

As you are well aware we have been with you since before you found about the nasty and your journey has been an amazing example of personal power - you have supported so many other people suffering from the same problem and tried your utmost to ensure that everyone is aware of the reasons WHY such things still occur.....

Just saying "Well done" is so inadequate - IMO it should now be Dame Mavis........

Dave and Lesley
suedew, suedew, Brock and 5 others like this.

Thinking of ALL the front line staff working to try to help others;Doctors, nurses, paramedics, cleaners, NA's, catering staff, support services and all others. Their work is appreciated more than you can ever realise-keep strong and safe.

Any typo that I make means the errorists win.

Remember Jo Cox and what she stood for.

Any comments above are only MY OPINION and should be read as that.

http://www.leslezards.co.uk
The Following User Says Thank You to Penquin For This Useful Post:
locovan (30-01-2016)

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 30-01-2016, 20:15

My Motorhome: Globecar Campscout
Send a message via AIM to MEES
Great to hear from you Mavis was thinking about you today as our snowdrops are in full bloom.
Well done with your award.
Margaret and Graham
locovan and locovan like this.

Enjoying our motorhome travels in UK and Europe looking forward to our new van a Globemaster campscout
The Following User Says Thank You to MEES For This Useful Post:
locovan (30-01-2016)
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 30-01-2016, 20:21 Thread Starter

PatP Ray has Asbestos damage he has scarring's and air pockets but he is getting through. It would never hurt to ask to be monitored and have a scan now and again but really until breathing becomes hard to do and the fluid builds up because Mesothelioma is showing it is hard for them to diagnose. It is all down to whether you have a cancer gene and many people havent.
You could join in a forum of mine on facebook but you dont need to frighten yourselves but we are always there if things did change.
We still have a dog.He is calming down at last if a terrier ever calms down xx http://onestopmesothelioma.co.uk/index.html

Last edited by locovan; 30-01-2016 at 20:28.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 30-01-2016, 20:23 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penquin View Post
I am DELIGHTED to see you on here, welcome and of course, congratulations.

As you are well aware we have been with you since before you found about the nasty and your journey has been an amazing example of personal power - you have supported so many other people suffering from the same problem and tried your utmost to ensure that everyone is aware of the reasons WHY such things still occur.....

Just saying "Well done" is so inadequate - IMO it should now be Dame Mavis........

Dave and Lesley
You have been with me through the whole 7 years with Mrs W egging me through the good and bad -what a journey phew !!!
Penquin and Penquin like this.
The Following User Says Thank You to locovan For This Useful Post:
Penquin (30-01-2016)
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 30-01-2016, 20:25 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEES View Post
Great to hear from you Mavis was thinking about you today as our snowdrops are in full bloom.
Well done with your award.
Margaret and Graham
Yes the snow drops are just coming up again arent they and i always think of that very cold Chepstow Racecourse Brrr

Last edited by locovan; 30-01-2016 at 20:27.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 30-01-2016, 23:17

My Motorhome: AutoTrail V-Line 635 SE
Personal Aire
Ohhh Mavis..........

What a delight it was to see a post from you after all this time!

Like others, I read your blog and know you to be an inspiration to us all. Your family well deserves that award.

Now you have resolved the subscription issues, please post on MHFacts more often.

suedew, suedew, locovan and 3 others like this.

John

For lust of knowing what should not be known
We take the Golden Road to..........................
The Following User Says Thank You to HurricaneSmith For This Useful Post:
locovan (31-01-2016)
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 31-01-2016, 08:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by locovan View Post
PatP Ray has Asbestos damage he has scarring's and air pockets but he is getting through. It would never hurt to ask to be monitored and have a scan now and again but really until breathing becomes hard to do and the fluid builds up because Mesothelioma is showing it is hard for them to diagnose. It is all down to whether you have a cancer gene and many people havent.
You could join in a forum of mine on facebook but you dont need to frighten yourselves but we are always there if things did change.
We still have a dog.He is calming down at last if a terrier ever calms down xx http://onestopmesothelioma.co.uk/index.html
His asbestos was discovered after he had a bout of pneumonia. They just told him it was there.

Terriers are terrorists!

Pat x
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 31-01-2016, 15:40 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by patp View Post
His asbestos was discovered after he had a bout of pneumonia. They just told him it was there.

Terriers are terrorists!

Pat x
Asbestosis need never turn to Mesothelioma Pat as Like Ray he is escaping any more problems.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page