Motorhome Parking in Val D'isere. Any recent visitors? - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 14-01-2011, 23:06 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: 2005 Hymer B544
Personal Aire
Motorhome Parking in Val D'isere. Any recent visitors?

Hi,

I am heading to the Alps next month and was hoping to meet up with some friends in Val D'Isere but I'm not sure if you can still park in the La Daille car park. I'd heard that there are now height barriers on all the car parks in Val.

Has anyone been there recently and spotted any motorhomes parking overnight anywhere in or around Val D'Isere.

If I can't park there has anyone know the nearest place I could park up and ski at the Espace Killy.

Thanks,

Robert
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 15-01-2011, 19:34

recc tignes skied from les brevieres

we can highly rec the large car park at les brevieres,one chair from the carpark delivers you right into tignes slopes ,,,arrive early or at 4 ish as the car park fills up.no services but supermarket in quiet village .this spot is popular with dreadlock covered pro skiers living in rundown vans. They sleep all day and only rise after fresh snow has fallen heading off piste to film themselves sking on what id need a parachute for. westayed 5 night no probs with about 10 other vans all running gennys, best spots at bottom of carpark cheers sue and andrew
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 17-01-2011, 10:13 Thread Starter

Personal Aire
Thanks for the info A&S,

Did you go up to La Daille? I'd prefer to stay there as my friends have rented a chalet near the car park and it would be really convienient for us there. I'd heard a rumour that all the car parks in Val had been height restricted but don't know if that is the case.

I suppose I can check it out when we arrive and if not available move down to Les Brevieres.

Btw, congrats on your excellent publication "All the Aires-Mountains" Its been invaluable planning our trip this year. I stayed in El Tarter, Andorra for a week last year which worked out ok for us. I've been meaning to send the details to Vicarious. I'll get on with that soon.

Regards,
Robert

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 18-01-2011, 15:58

thanks vids pls

thanks for the compliments, the ski guide was a p[leasure to research. if you have any vids of el tarter campsite or of any of the ski aires or campsites sites you will be visiting this year pls send em to andy.and.sue@hotmail.co.uk about 20 secs would be fine , we will credit u and subtitle it and pop em on our youtube channel at ALLTHEAIRESTV they might be of use to other MHskiers, if u have any questions about any of the sites we have researched and u are visiting pls fell free to PM us we will be near a lop top for most of this ski season cheers sue and andrew oh and if they are not on MHFs data base tell em too
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 22-01-2011, 09:56 Thread Starter

Personal Aire
I'll do that.

Cheers,

Rab

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page