Aires In Annecy? - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 22-03-2018, 03:29 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: I drive...
Personal Aire
Aires In Annecy?

Hi, I thought we would be able to book an overnight campsite stay at Annecy. I have driven around the lake on the way to the slopes many times and have always wanted to stay and have a wander about the old village. I thought it would be easy to book a pitch for the night but despite contacting most of the sites in the area I have had no luck.

So we are planning on heading down on Sat 31st March and leaving on 1st April to head up to the 3 Valleys. We have never used Aires before so don't know what the process is. We will probably arrive about 17:00ish on Sat 31st March in Annecy and I am worried that we will have missed the boat and not get a space at an Aire.

Can anyone recommend where to head to in the area for a nights parking? Can we just park up in a car park somewhere and get our heads down or does it have to be a proper Aire?

Thank you for you anticipated advice.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 22-03-2018, 08:58

My Motorhome: Hymer S740 on Sprinter 616 (2004)
Can't help other than to say that the aire is extremely popular (and I think limited to 24 hrs from memory) we wilded an hour away and arrived in the morning, even then we had to wait and that was in early March!

Dick
The Following User Says Thank You to Glandwr For This Useful Post:
kajaski (25-03-2018)
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 22-03-2018, 09:11

Location: Richmond North Yorkshire or up an Alp. I like Guitar, Beer and flying around France on a Scooter
My Motorhome: A big White one.
Personal Aire
Thats not a good time to get to the Aire at Annecy although end of March you might be ok. Wilding is not so easy either. There are a couple of spots in some of the villages as you head south out of Annecy town along the lake, I seem to remember one behind a church but its right down towards the far end of the Lake. There are a couple of spots outside a college not far from Lidl but we were moved on by the Police there once but it was mid summer.

Right at the bottom end of the Lake at Lathuile there is a cracking Aire on a farm which will definitely have space but its on grass and can get boggy. They may have bit of Gravel standing. Its also about 9 miles from the town but worse case you could turn up there and then drive back in the morning to town to see if you can get a spot on the Aire. The Aire is not the best to be honest but you might be lucky this time of year and get on and not get too hemmed in.

Follow our barmy adventures at Hank the Tanks Website or for really anarchic motorhome tomfoolery visit Motorhome Fruitcakes (Parental Guidance required)

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 22-03-2018, 10:06

My Motorhome: Niesmann+Bischoff Arto 69GL (2003)
Remember it is Easter weekend so bound to be busy. Maybe better to try to visit on your way back.

Geoff
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 22-03-2018, 10:14

My Motorhome: Hymer S740 on Sprinter 616 (2004)
The Les Gorges du Fier is not far out of town, well worth seeing itself and has a very large car park that I made a mental note at the time would be a good spot for a bit of wilding.

Dick
The Following User Says Thank You to Glandwr For This Useful Post:
kajaski (25-03-2018)
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 22-03-2018, 10:24

My Motorhome: A Caravan of all things !!
There is a Municipal campsite not far out of town, I canít think of its name but they do have a website. I booked a pitch on it, via the website, a few years ago now, good job I did or I would have been sadly disappointed as it was full when we arrived. Itís nothing brilliant but itís acceptable. I never saw a single free space on any of the Aires, but it was in August.

If you have a bike there is a cycle track ALL the way round the lake, but itís a long way.

Andy

Its not the destination that matters.

It's who you share the journey with (even if itís in a caravan!) I am very fortunate to have Mrs Plodd to share mine with
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 22-03-2018, 13:36

My Motorhome: Autotrail Cherokee 2011
Personal Aire
Send a message via Skype™ to Robell
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrplodd View Post
There is a Municipal campsite not far out of town, I canít think of its name but they do have a website. I booked a pitch on it, via the website, a few years ago now, good job I did or I would have been sadly disappointed as it was full when we arrived. Itís nothing brilliant but itís acceptable. I never saw a single free space on any of the Aires, but it was in August.

If you have a bike there is a cycle track ALL the way round the lake, but itís a long way.

Andy
Yes, we stopped there a few years back for a couple of nights. It's Ok (even has a cafť if I remember correctly). It's located within walking distance from the town, BUT it is located on a hill! So, going out is fine, but getting the walk back is quite a slog. Apparently, there is a bus service which goes up that way ...... but ....... it only runs to the end of August (not sure whether it starts in March or April), and of course, we were there early September.

Decided to move on after a couple of nights and went down to a campsite at the far end of the lake. Really nice with an (almost) lakeside pitch. Oh, and the cycle track is really good.

Still a student of life
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 22-03-2018, 22:37

My Motorhome: Hymer Exsis-i 504
The 1st time we visited Annecy we stayed up a fairly steep hill beside a monastery I think (maybe a church?) It was quite close to the old town.

The downside was the ringing of the bells!

Jean
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 24-03-2018, 01:38

My Motorhome: Autotrail excel 600
There are two ACSI sites which will be open from the end of March. They are both right by the lake and on the cycle path. They are about 6 & 8 k from Annecy town.Au Coeur de lac & led Rives due lac.

Cazzie
The Following User Says Thank You to Cazzie For This Useful Post:
kajaski (25-03-2018)
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 26-03-2018, 00:45

My Motorhome: I drive...
We have stayed here in July without any problems https://goo.gl/maps/cZ942MRM2X12 Wrong end of lake but you can rollerblade in to town in 20 mins and get your ski legs into shape as a great cycle path along lakeside.

I have also wilded along this road https://goo.gl/maps/SDTqBUKm9Yk but think it was more luck than good judgement that we were mot moved on .

Parking a motorhome in or near Annecy was a nightmare.

Good luck

LT man

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page