What MH is best for Motocross - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-09-2008, 12:19 Thread Starter

What MH is best for Motocross

Welcome all, this is my first post, so please be gentle!

I've just returned from a trip to France in my Van, where we were staying with friends. The only problem is, we had to return to "Base" every night.

I am looking into a MH to make Weekend events, and longer trips away more affordable by not having to find digs nearby and leaving the circuits every day.

Being in the Channel Islands, the Market is Nil, so i need to find dealers on the south coast or in France, but i don't know which models/Makes are going to do what i want.

I need to sleep 3, and carry 2 bikes. That is my only criteria.

Can anyone suggest any models to start looking at in depth?

Thanks
Capt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-09-2008, 13:12

Any MH that could carry 2 bikes would be A Serious One.

You'll probably have to come to terms with a trailer.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-09-2008, 14:10

Hi

Southdowns Motorcaravans in Portsmouth might be a good place to start. We bought our burstner 747 from them and I know they have sold a few mh's for motorcross. I think possibly a Rimor ? with a huge garage anyway they are a very good dealer and have a large selection, ranging from cheaper models right up to the very plush Concorde's.

Kirsty

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-09-2008, 14:22

I camw across a Moto X event a few months ago. There were a few Romor Racehomes and I think it's the Super Brig. The racehome is purpose built for the "Racing"

Andy
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-09-2008, 15:02

Have a look at a 30' American RV with a " Toy Carrier".
Which is, basically a garage at the back end, and big enough prolly to carry a couple of bikes, and all the gear you need too.

i would go for a 32 footer personally, as the extra couple of feet increases the number of vehicles, as well as, obviously, the room inside.

going to investigate....I may be sometime......... which is something somebody else said....
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-09-2008, 15:09

Hi
Have a look at the Rimor Super Brigg on a Ford or Mercedes. Fiat are not much good in the paddock area of a motox meeting being front wheel drive, rear wheel drive is much better. Hope this helps.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-09-2008, 15:19

There is a bisic requirement and that is . Large garage, Rear wheel drive. Good ground clearance Many MH's including the one I am in at the moment are hopeless for motocross because FWD is no good in a wet paddock. The Kentucky and Rimors are rear wheel drive. The Ford version has traction control and with a large (tall) garage that will take any MX bike. I am going to see my grandson race this weekend and will not be able to get my FWD motor out of the venue so will go with my son in his cusom made race truck. Previously I have been to this track many times with a Kentucky Estro 4 and never had any problem getting out wet or dry. Why do all the GP riders have them including Billy Mackenzie and James Noble. Its for the above reason. You can get good deals on these vans
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-09-2008, 15:21

I Don't know what your budget is but Trials and moto cross news is worth a look
usually plenty of ready converted vans in their classifieds to suit your needs
Alan H
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 22-05-2009, 17:07

Hi Capt. We have a 2006 Rimor Europea on a ford transit chassiss. Rear wheel drive. Our son races most weekends with a 125. It fits comfortably and all the gear as well. We have also had another 125 in at the same time and the van pulls no problem. She sleeps six. Two over the cab, two over the garage and two in the dining area. Would recommend this model or the superbrigg. Built for racing and still looks nice if you don't want the race truck look. Happy hunting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page