Motorhome Facts Forum banner

Ads but no ads

2K views 23 replies 6 participants last post by  jiwawa 
#1 ·
I use the EMV on my mobile.

Recently I'm seeing an ad placement, roughly after every 5th post/thread but it varies.

There is no ad, just a placeholder, as in screenshot.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
For me, same as I mentioned last time, click on the rotating thing and the picture opens as a new page.

Having also looked at Jan's other post with pictures that Drew says open OK (and for me), I notice that the ones that some can't open are posted via an Android Chrome app, whereas the ones all seem to be able to access are from different source.

I only ever view via my Windows laptop, so maybe it is a conflict thing between Apple / Android / Windows???

#5 ·
Grrr!! As mentioned in post #23 of Spain here I come!" (which had @VS_Admin within it and was also reported to them, but they haven't deigned to respond) it would seem to be that a screenshot causes problems whereas a camera shot is grand.

Has anyone any idea how I might take a different tack? John indicates the screenshots are using an android chrome app. Is there any way I can change that?

Could folk also report this post. I know it's in Bugs but the Canadians don't seem to be around these days.

#6 ·
Something has changed for the better on mhf recently as now when I view a thread the heading lightens up after I return to the list. Unlike before when I had to refresh the page to see what threads I had yet to read.

Ray.

#9 ·
Yes Drew thats how they should be but possibly for the last few months mine stayed bold and only went regular after refreshing the listing page.
It's now OK.

I have another 'happy' result of the PC now Win10.
My 'old' Casio digital cameras sit in a cradle plugged into the PC via a USB. Previously with Win95 and another version the cameras are charged and can transfer pics via the USB to the PC. But later versions of Windows stopped this function. Since updating Win10 earlier this year the function returned. Personally I find it very convenient to park the cameras into the cradle and just press the USB button to send pics to the PC.

Ray.

#12 ·
Yep, me too Drew but usually I hover TOOLS, QUICK LINKS and then click TODAYS POSTS. It's probably just a habit.

But if after reading a thread I then just simply click the back arrow of the site to get back to the list, it's hit and miss as to weather topics I have read are in bold or not.

Ray.

#13 ·
@barryd - not sure if that's gonna work...

I believe you have an email address for VS_Admin?

I opened this thread in the Bugs forum on 27th September and so far no-one from VS has paid any attention.

I'm not able to upload a screenshot but could send it to them in an email.

Thanks.

#20 ·
Nope. Nuffink Jean.
I'm getting a new experience last two days. Refresh brings me back to the home page and not just refresh the topics.

Ray.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.