Motorhome Facts Forum banner

Subscription renewal - fail

8K views 61 replies 12 participants last post by  Admin 
#1 ·
When clicking on the appropriate icon/links to renew my membership I get taken to the Outdoor Bits website with the message "product not found"

#5 ·
Hi YorkshireTraveller

I have just checked and your subscription is showing up as paid up to 19-04-2016

To check the details yourself you must check on this new forum website....anything you find on the old site may not have updated.

To do that go to your user control panel and you will find the subscription details under "Paid Subscriptions"

So to do that. On the new forum website ( here :wink2:) got to Tools at the top of the page then click on User CP, look on the left and click on Paid Subscriptions.

#8 ·
Hi Guys,
Just re-joined after a couple of years off and although I have paid by PayPal whenever I try to do anything I get messages saying I need to subscribe. I started off by clicking the link which took me to Outdoor Bits which has a message saying go to this link and pay by Paypal. Which I did, but I am still being treated as a newbie who is unsubscribed. Its not on chaps, please sort me out. BognorMike where are you???

#9 ·
Welcome back!!! I remember you toddling off into the wide blue yonder when you said goodbye.

It's OK, it shows you as a paid up member!!! Visit Tools (at top of page in blue bar), Click "User CP" and then "Paid Subscriptions".

Returning members won't necessarily know that we have a new website. Don't click "Home" as it takes you to the old site owned by Nukeadmin (Only retained for a few things yet to migrate.)

Reactions: colonel
#10 ·
You are fully paid up until 02/09/2016 colonel so you have full access to the new forum and can post freely.

You may have some issues with what's left of the "old" MHF site (accessed from the "Home" link) if you haven't logged in there for some time. Work is ongoing to sort the problems out but it may inhibit your use of some elements of MFH such as the campsite database etc. until it's completed.

BognorMike where are you???
I may be wrong but I think he's over in France ATM.

#12 · (Edited)
We all found it confusing at first, so don't worry about that. Once you get used to the new website you'll soon find your way around. Most people think the new forum is simpler to navigate once they get used to things.

On this forum when you insert your user name and password you have to first remember to tick the "Remember Me" box (or similar........It's ages since I first clicked it.)

May I suggest that you delete your old "Favourites" link and use this one instead:

http://forums.motorhomefacts.com/portal.php?page=active_topics

After a while you might prefer the "New posts" option as an entry link.

#15 ·
Kyle, I saw the message VS have posted in red at the top of the page this morning. It tells people who cannot access "Home Page Functions" to contact VS Admin. Clicking the home button takes people to the old site. I imagine when VS referred to Home Page Functions that they didn't actually mean the page on the old site which is reached by clicking that Home button, yet it seems to me that the vast majority of people who don't know better will be mislead by the message and expect to access the site by clicking that home button. Frankly calling it Home Page Functions, or whatever when there is a Home button is just inviting people to go wrong. Doesn't seem very clever to me. Perhaps I'm wrong. Hope so but given VS's track record I'm inclined to doubt it.

Can the message be changed so it makes sense? Or even better, how about renaming the Home button so that people won't expect it to lead to Home Page Functions.

#16 ·
Users who joined after the time frame in the notice wouldn't be able to log into the old home page at all regardless, meaning no rallies or any of the other non-migrated features. As that was when the site systems transferred over. When/if they contact us we can manually create an account for them in the old system and synchronize their subscriber status between old and new accounts. That is the purpose of the notice. Thank you for your concern.

Kyle

#17 · (Edited)
As happens in the majority of replies members of this site get from VS employees Kyle you've either not understood my point or you have decided to ignore it.

Just to recap. My point, in brief, is that the name of the Home button could be changed to better reflect it's current function and avoid confusion among those members who have seen the post in red about Home Page Functions, which as you and I know, cannot be accessed by clicking the Home button. That's bound to cause confusion.

Thanks for trying to understand.

Let me help a little. Why not rename the Home button "Old Site" and explain which functions can be found on the old site at the top of the old site home page? The message could say something like, "The Following Functions Can be Accessed on This Site" in a bold red splash across the top of that page.

#18 ·
As happens in the majority of replies members of this site get from VS employees Kyle you've either not understood my point or you have decided to ignore it.

Just to recap. My point, in brief, is that the name of the Home button could be changed to better reflect it's current function and avoid confusion among those members who have seen the post in red about Home Page Functions, which as you and I know, cannot be accessed by clicking the Home button. That's bound to cause confusion.

Thanks for trying to understand.

Let me help a little. Why not rename the Home button "Old Site" and explain which functions can be found on the old site at the top of the old site home page? The message could say something like, "The Following Functions Can be Accessed on This Site" in a bold red splash across the top of that page.
Quite the contrary I get your suggestion change the button name is not that complicated at all. My response to you was clarifying what the notice is actually about which has nothing to do at all with the name of the button. But thanks for your feed back, I'll make the notice more clear.

Kyle

#21 ·
OK Kyle.

A button entitled Home and something VS describe as Home Page Functions can't be confused because people won't expect to find Home Page Functions behind the Home button, and I've misunderstood. I see.
Rallies, reviews, directories are functions exclusively on the home page so at this point I'm not sure what you're trying to argue. The home button leads to the old site, specifically to it's home page, it is still live as this new forum system's home page.

Admin. I'm still struggling to access all of Motorhomefacts. I can access the forums OK but if I connect to the old site for resources etc, it thinks I'm not a subscriber and I can't access subscribers areas?? I'm clearly thick because I don't understand what has happened except that the forum part is new> Help please? :(
This is after you log in on the old page? Please pm me your subscription information I'll make sure it's synced up.

Kyle

#20 ·
Admin. I'm still struggling to access all of Motorhomefacts. I can access the forums OK but if I connect to the old site for resources etc, it thinks I'm not a subscriber and I can't access subscribers areas?? I'm clearly thick because I don't understand what has happened except that the forum part is new> Help please? :(

#22 ·
Kyle, not sure what subscription information you want me to send? And although the old site shows me as logged in under my user name, it thinks I have not subscribed?? I reach it by clicking the Home button whilst I am in the Forums.

#23 ·
If you are on the new forum, Colonel, click the "Home" button at the top left.
That takes you to the old forum.

If you look at the right hand side on the old forum, below where it says "Good Afternoon Colonel" there are a series of vertical boxes. (i.e. Account Info, Subscriptions, etc.)

In the "Subscriptions" box, there is a 'Subs No' similar to "MHF*GYPBP*****" That's your User No and the number Kyle wants. He wants you to send it by PM only.

#25 ·
I don't know if you've kept a record of every password you previously used when you were a member on the old site.

I had trouble logging onto the old site some weeks ago (I hadn't used it for ages) and by typing in all the passwords I had used, one after another, one of them worked and got me in.

I hope that works for you too.

#29 ·
Well I'm worried

Away soon and need to renew

I don't have PayPal

So is this me saying

Goodbye all of you

Loved you all

Some too much

If it's not sorted soon

I'll be gone on the 21 sept

Admin sort it

Or let me continue till I work it out

Otherwise I'll haunt you
Aldra, Sandra,MHF hound from hell owner

Just someone who loves this forum and the people on it

Aldra

#31 ·
Well I'm worried

Away soon and need to renew

I don't have PayPal

So is this me saying

Goodbye all of you

Loved you all

Some too much

If it's not sorted soon

I'll be gone on the 21 sept

Admin sort it

Or let me continue till I work it out

Otherwise I'll haunt you
Aldra, Sandra,MHF hound from hell owner

Just someone who loves this forum and the people on it

Aldra
I think we'll be OK Sandra. I received a post from MHFAdmin that said:

Keep Calm and Carry on John.

As Erneboy says it is easy to pay your subs and PayPal are merely the company that accepts and transacts the payment for VS.

You do not need to set up a PayPal account.

You can use your Credit or Debit card just as you would with any other payment collection service that other online services and retailers use ( such as Sage Pay).

Below are screen grabs showing the screens you will encounter during the PayPal payment process:-

If you just wish to pay with your Credit Card without opening a PayPal account then choose the second option on the first screen:
"Pay with Credit or Debit card"

On the next screen you will be asked for your details just as you would expect for any online purchase.

Attachments

#36 ·
Brilliant

So how do I get to pay

Haven't a clue

What to I click on to

Barry where are you

I need you to register me

Aldra
Did you open the two attachments Sandra?

When you do, you will see how easy it is. It's no different from buying anything else over the net.

Simply click "Tools" ...... "User CP" ........ Then on left hand side under "Your Profile" ...... click "Paid Subscriptions" .......then on right hand side click "Sign up Yearly" .......... then click the blue ellipse "Order Using Paypal" ........

.......... then you get the white page with the "Pay with a debit or credit card" option. That avoids the need for a PayPal account.

I haven't done it myself yet because my subs aren't due, but if that's all it is, then it's easy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.