Electric Cars - Page 10 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

49Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #91 of 111 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 15:31

Send a message via MSN to Pat-H
Quote:
Originally Posted by erneboy View Post
I think it's quite possible for people to believe both of the above. They may say. "I think that tax is necessary, but as far as possible it ought to be paid by others, while I do all I can to avoid it."
Then they don't believe its necessary. They believe in money that falls from heaven. That's not taxation.

Pat

Europe. We're not out till we're out. Until then we're still in. Mind you out is looking a lot like in but with less benefits!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 111 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 16:11

Quote:
I think it's quite possible for people to believe both of the above. They may say. "I think that tax is necessary, but as far as possible it ought to be paid by others, while I do all I can to avoid it."

At least one on here (but strangely, not a lot lately) is positively proud to take that position. It always amuses (well saddens really) me that those who take that attitude are most incensed when something they merely like (as opposed to need) to have provided is cut but openly support the cutting of thing that others actually need.

A story I think I've told before.

A few years ago when I was having to leap through fiery hoops trying to get assistance for my 80+ year old mother and finding that everything she needed was "means tested" to ensure that she didn't have the "means" to pay for it herself, a friend of mine and his wife attended an event in Milton Keynes, it was either opera or ballet I can't remember which.
He told me that it was a very well attended event and the car park was studded with very expensive cars and the audience was clearly well able to partake of the excellent (if a tad expensive) refreshments on offer at half time. Richard somehow found out that each and every ticket for the event was subsidised to the sum of £90.

I still cannot understand (or accept), why my mother's essential care had to be means tested to ensure she couldn't afford it herself, yet the tickets for a non-"essential" (no one would have died if it hadn't taken place!) social event was subsidised willy-nilly with "tax-payers" money for people who clearly had no need of the "state help" so generously given.
raynipper and raynipper like this.
post #93 of 111 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 16:30

Location: Normandy. Just up the D903 from the roundabout with the D15
My Motorhome: Hobby 750 now sold.
Send a message via Skype™ to raynipper
Yep, we looked after my 90 year old war widowed mother without any help or benefits at our home in France for almost 3 years. Any help I requested or asked about required me to transport her wheelchair bound and incontinent back to her doctor in Co Durham to asses her. Needless to say we declined and got nothing.
It does slightly annoy me when some who have contributed buqqer all manage to get help and handouts immediately.

Ray.

The FSA licensed a twice convicted fraudster to handle our life´s savings. Guess what? He robbed us of £750,000. http://raynipper.com
Brexit is madness orchestrated by the insane.

post #94 of 111 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 17:36

My Motorhome: Four Winds RV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat-H View Post
Then they don't believe its necessary. ...................
Oh. OK then.

I still think I know quite a few who feel that way.

Brexiters. It's your sh1t now. Whatever happens nationally and internationally you own it. I wish you luck. I think you're going to need all you can get and then some. Friday 13th December 2019.
post #95 of 111 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 17:52

Quote:
Oh. OK then.

I still think I know quite a few who feel that way.

Two spring to mind but they haven’t posted on here for a few weeks.

As I'm a dyslexic and I've had two stokes you are going to see spelling/grammar mistakes, so please don't act superior and point them out!

The reward for conformity is that everyone likes you but yourself. Rita Mae Brown.
post #96 of 111 (permalink) Old 06-09-2017, 08:14

I rekon this electric vehicle lark is all part of some master plan for manufacturers to make us buy more of their cars.!!
The modern car is good for half a million miles or about 20 years. People can keep using their existing cars for far too long.
Manufacturers need to get us all into a new mode of transport that costs just as much but wears out in 5 years.!! A 5 year old EV will be worthless and need replacing about then.

It's all a con.!!!

Ray.
Valkrider and Valkrider like this.

The FSA licensed a twice convicted fraudster to handle our life´s savings. Guess what? He robbed us of £750,000. http://raynipper.com
post #97 of 111 (permalink) Old 06-09-2017, 11:35

Send a message via MSN to Pat-H
Quote:
Originally Posted by raynipper View Post
I rekon this electric vehicle lark is all part of some master plan for manufacturers to make us buy more of their cars.!!
The modern car is good for half a million miles or about 20 years. People can keep using their existing cars for far too long.
Manufacturers need to get us all into a new mode of transport that costs just as much but wears out in 5 years.!! A 5 year old EV will be worthless and need replacing about then.

It's all a con.!!!

Ray.
NO its even better than that. Electric cars are run by computer and that will need updates. 5 years down the line there will be a new operating requirement that needs a software update and guess what old models won't be updateable. They will just stop working.
cabby, cabby, raynipper and 1 others like this.

Pat

Europe. We're not out till we're out. Until then we're still in. Mind you out is looking a lot like in but with less benefits!!!
post #98 of 111 (permalink) Old 06-09-2017, 11:51

Yes Pat. And did you know there is a new version of Windows 10 coming out called Win 10 S..??

Ray.

post #99 of 111 (permalink) Old 06-09-2017, 11:57
EJB

My Motorhome: Burstner Nexxo t620G
Windows 10 S review

Ted.
I try and state simple facts in a nice way.
post #100 of 111 (permalink) Old 06-09-2017, 12:10

So we will need to pay Microsoft even more money so Bill Gates can give it away??

Ray.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page