Boro Car Trailers from Poland??? - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 16-05-2014, 15:01 Thread Starter

Boro Car Trailers from Poland???

Hi,

In my quest to buy a car trailer in the next two weeks I went to see one advertised by a company called Jakpol Trailers in Birmingham. They (he?) sells trailers manufactured in Poland from a company called Boro. He only had a single axle one suitable for me which tilted in an unusual way. There was no Hydraulic pump just two gas struts which allowed the bed to tilt in a controlled way. You drive onto the tilted trailer and at the appropriate load it slowly (i hope?) drops down. Same when unloading. I like it. Simple and neat. The trailer seemed well made with Alko axle and Knott parts though it did not have a lockable hitch which made me think it would be very easy to steal overnight in a stopover?

The tyres were the GT6000 Kargomax ones which hey ho, are good enough but not difficult to change if not. Thing is, I couldn't get on it cos the Audi A1 front bumper was a tad to low. He suggested we put 13" wheels on it instead of 14" and that would solve the problem. Not sure if it would or not but still the single axle niggles me. It can take a 1,400kg load max kerb weight being 1,800kg.

Thing is, is it true that in the UK the max kerb weight for single axle trailers is 1,500kg? If so, it's defo a no goer.

Arrgghh! Nobody holds stock of a tilting small trailer!!!! I could get a sofa delivered quicker I think!

back to the drawing board.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 16-05-2014, 16:24

Location: Normandy. Just up the D903 from the roundabout with the D15
My Motorhome: Hobby 750 now sold.
Send a message via Skype™ to raynipper
Check these out first before going all that way.....................

http://www.mecanorem.com/remorques/

Ray.

The FSA licensed a twice convicted fraudster to handle our lifeīs savings. Guess what? He robbed us of £750,000. http://raynipper.com
Brexit is madness orchestrated by the insane.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 16-05-2014, 16:53

My Motorhome: A Caravan of all things !!
I am not aware of any restriction on MAM for a single axle trailer, if the tyres have the correct load rating and the trailer has a plate which defines the max weight then I cannot see any problem.

Perhaps a quick call/email to a company in the UK who make trailers would get you a definative answer.

Its not the destination that matters.

It's who you share the journey with (even if like me, itís in a caravan!)
I am very fortunate to have Mrs Plodd to share mine with

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 17-03-2015, 13:44

My Motorhome: I drive...
Weight limit

There is no 1500 kgs limit for a single axle trailer.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 18-10-2015, 22:24

boro trailer is a trailer supermarkets and strong materials used are the cheapest steel
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 25-08-2016, 17:04

My Motorhome: I drive... Hymer S660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrplodd View Post
I am not aware of any restriction on MAM for a single axle trailer, if the tyres have the correct load rating and the trailer has a plate which defines the max weight then I cannot see any problem.

Perhaps a quick call/email to a company in the UK who make trailers would get you a definative answer.

You are correct, there is no MAM limit for a single axle trailer, though for a cat 2 trailer, (braked up to 3500kg) it would be unusual to find an axle and wheel/tyre combination that would handle more than 1800 kgs.

Boro trailers made in Poland are ec type approved and come with the relevant documentation. They use the same/similar running gear to the trailers I built but are somewhat cheaper!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 26-08-2016, 10:17

My Motorhome: Burstner Elegance
Have you tried these people http://www.paultrailers.co.uk/

If you want to annoy me, send me money.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 21-04-2018, 23:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanny View Post
Hi,

In my quest to buy a car trailer in the next two weeks I went to see one advertised by a company called Jakpol Trailers in Birmingham. They (he?) sells trailers manufactured in Poland from a company called Boro. He only had a single axle one suitable for me which tilted in an unusual way. There was no Hydraulic pump just two gas struts which allowed the bed to tilt in a controlled way. You drive onto the tilted trailer and at the appropriate load it slowly (i hope?) drops down. Same when unloading. I like it. Simple and neat. The trailer seemed well made with Alko axle and Knott parts though it did not have a lockable hitch which made me think it would be very easy to steal overnight in a stopover?

The tyres were the GT6000 Kargomax ones which hey ho, are good enough but not difficult to change if not. Thing is, I couldn't get on it cos the Audi A1 front bumper was a tad to low. He suggested we put 13" wheels on it instead of 14" and that would solve the problem. Not sure if it would or not but still the single axle niggles me. It can take a 1,400kg load max kerb weight being 1,800kg.

Thing is, is it true that in the UK the max kerb weight for single axle trailers is 1,500kg? If so, it's defo a no goer.

Arrgghh! Nobody holds stock of a tilting small trailer!!!! I could get a sofa delivered quicker I think!

back to the drawing board.
did you find a solution?

sarah

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page