Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat - View Single Post - Insurance - give me strength!

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 30-09-2013, 11:11 Thread Starter
KeithChesterfield

My Motorhome: Pilote Reference P716
Personal Aire
Insurance - give me strength!

We have recently bought another more expensive MH and we pick it up in about a weeks time.

The Insurance policy on the 'old' MH runs out about a couple of days after we get the newer MH and vehicle details will, of course, be different from last year and I'm a year older so I expect the premiums to be higher.

But as I attempt to find a good deal I get bemused by the range of questions asked by different companies.

Some ask if I, or the co-pilot, have health problems – but others don't.

One won't even give me a quote because the new MH doesn't have a GPS tracker.

One asked how many years I'd driven a MH presumably to check my competence to drive a vehicle bigger than a car – but gave me no space to explain I'd driven many vans as large, or even larger, than a MH as a delivery driver for many years.

Some ask about previous accident claims in either the past three or five years - and others don't.

Then I find Comfort and MHF insurance both use Aviva - but I get different figures from them with a like-for-like policy.

I've avoided comparison web sites and stuck to the insurance companies mentioned on Motorhome forums but it's like pulling teeth to find the best/better quotes – does a glass of red or amber nectar close to hand help in any way?

For Videos of the Aires we've used, Eurotunnel journeys and many other more obscure Videos have a look at - www.youtube.com/user/KeithChesterfield

For Recommended Vets in Europe have a look at - https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=zTPBDq9Df4L4.kSm3eLuvVb2g

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome