Removing/Resealing window on N+B Arto69GL(2003) - Page 2 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 24-04-2018, 17:37

Our windows are Seitz. You remove the screws from the inside, remove inner frame, push remaining frame to the outside .... ensure someone is outside to catch it.

We replaced the seal with a new one.... was not enough ... obviously the sides have flexed over time.

We replaced the window, together with new seal, then used clear sealant round the outside rim. Have not had a leak since!

Easy job!

Sundial
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 24-04-2018, 18:31 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: Niesmann+Bischoff Arto 69GL (2003)
Interim Report

Gentlemen thanks for all inputs.

So far I have got to the stage of pulling off the inner trim and taking some photos.

I have obviously mistaken my reading of the Seitz model number, because when I went to Leisure Spares website where they give photo of one it is wrongt. I need to re-read it tomorrow, But my guess is it is a S5.

From the photo Martin(Funflair) posted elsewhere, mine is not the same, nor is it similar to the ones in the links provided.

P.S. I am not needing help with cleaning and re-sealing - done that before, only with the mechanics of researching the fixing method and releasing the window frame - there seem to be lots of screws some of which are probably holding the blind mechanisms togeher but some are the frame fixings - need to know which.

Alan, when I said 'sprung' I do not mean a big gap, only that a dribble of water came in so there must be some small gap - maybe just 'perished/dried out' sealant. Anyway as you would know window has to come out, cleaned and resealed.

Geoff

Last edited by nicholsong; 24-04-2018 at 18:47.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 24-04-2018, 19:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholsong View Post
[B]Interim Report

Alan, when I said 'sprung' I do not mean a big gap, only that a dribble of water came in so there must be some small gap - maybe just 'perished/dried out' sealant. Anyway as you would know window has to come out, cleaned and resealed.

Geoff
Phew that's a relief as since we have the same van it's likely that whatever faults develop in yours will also be in mine.
Actually Geoff about 3 years ago after a Winter I noticed a little damp in the fabric at the btm corner of that window and one of the side windows. You're probably right in doing a 'proper' job but I just went around the outside with some CT1 sealant , no problem since.

Alan
The Following User Says Thank You to Gretchibald For This Useful Post:
nicholsong (25-04-2018)

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 25-04-2018, 00:12

My Motorhome: Hymer S740 on Sprinter 616 (2004)
Having replaced two windows and 2 roof lights in my Hymer. They all are "pulled in" from the inside by a clamping/screw mechanism. The window being offered up from the outside with a mastic/tape applied to the inside of a flange. As the screws are tighten the sealing agent is squeezed to form the seal. Having done it more than once I would recommend the "tape type sealant" rather than the one applied with a mastic gun. Purely for cleaning up afterwards Geoff.

Dick
The Following User Says Thank You to Glandwr For This Useful Post:
nicholsong (25-04-2018)
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 25-04-2018, 00:28

My Motorhome: Hymer S740 on Sprinter 616 (2004)
PS one could be forgiven for thinking that they are just held in by adhesive because after the screw clamps are released it is bloody difficult to get the widow out. In fact getting it out and cleaning it is the most difficult part of the job.

Dick
The Following User Says Thank You to Glandwr For This Useful Post:
nicholsong (25-04-2018)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page