Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat (https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/)
-   Niesmann & Bischoff (https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/106-niesmann-bischoff/)
-   -   control panel (https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/106-niesmann-bischoff/153666-control-panel.html)

Tissy 04-08-2015 06:43

control panel

i have a cbe control panel above the door in my Niesmann this is linked to a control panel under the seat which has a pcb with a number of relays etc
the panel keeps flickering then going off and i think its something to do with charging side of things what i know
1- Leisure batteries are reading 14.2 v
2 - Power point in the van reads 14.2 volts
3 - Control panel above door is constantly buzzing indicating low volts
4 - running engine or connected to the mains makes no difference
5 -tried turning everything off ie water heater pump and lights panel stays on sometimes then the minute you touch the button to see volts reading starts and 12.5 v then in seconds drops to 7 and goes off again

the boards are mega money
any help would be much appreciated
thanks

Pudsey_Bear 04-08-2015 07:16

Hi Tissy,

I wonder if a cable is perhaps not quite properly connected, or a relay is not fully home, sometimes giving stuff a good waggle can help, re-seating fuses and relays also has been known to fix problems.

Tissy 04-08-2015 12:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kev_n_Liz (Post 1605314)
Hi Tissy,

I wonder if a cable is perhaps not quite properly connected, or a relay is not fully home, sometimes giving stuff a good waggle can help, re-seating fuses and relays also has been known to fix problems.

thanks Ive had a prod but no joy

Pudsey_Bear 04-08-2015 12:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tissy (Post 1605850)
thanks Ive had a prod but no joy

Did you re-seat the relays etc?

gaspode 04-08-2015 13:42

First thing to do is remove the remote panel from the wall. It only has a couple of small screws once you unclip the surround and will just come away from the hole in the wall with several trailing cables attached.
Turn the panel off before you start obviously.
Then check that all of the ribbon cable connectors on the edges of the PCB are properly pushed home.

Are the voltage figures that you quote those displayed on the panel or measured separately using a voltmeter at the battery terminals?
If "true" readings they seem on the high side and indicate that the batteries are under charge conditions (possibly from a solar panel?)
Before taking any further voltage readings, remove your hook-up (or turn the charger off) and disconnect any solar inputs.

Come back and let us know the voltage reading after you've done the above.

PS: Those CBE units can display very inaccurate and misleading readings, especially if they haven't been calibrated for a long time or if solar panels have been connected (via a regulator) directly to the battery instead of using the solar terminal on the control unit.

Tissy 05-08-2015 05:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kev_n_Liz (Post 1605866)
Did you re-seat the relays etc?

i looked but there seemed no resets on them and im still getting a clicking when or just before the panel shuts off

Tissy 05-08-2015 05:48

thanks
i have removed the panel checked all the connections on the pcb boards.
yes you are correct the readings are when the electric hook up is connected and with a seperate tester at the battery and in the van which give the same readings. Today i will try what you say and come back on here with the readings
I have been in touch with CBE and awaiting there comments and also requested a wiring diagram of the boards as i may be able to get it repaired. there appears to be no obvious damaged to the board.
i have also been speaking to travel world
its anoying because the van is unusable at the moment
thanks for all your help so far

Pudsey_Bear 05-08-2015 06:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tissy (Post 1607226)
i looked but there seemed no resets on them and im still getting a clicking when or just before the panel shuts off

Not reset, re seat, IE remove and replace.

Pudsey_Bear 05-08-2015 06:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tissy (Post 1607234)
thanks
i have removed the panel checked all the connections on the pcb boards.
yes you are correct the readings are when the electric hook up is connected and with a seperate tester at the battery and in the van which give the same readings. Today i will try what you say and come back on here with the readings
I have been in touch with CBE and awaiting there comments and also requested a wiring diagram of the boards as i may be able to get it repaired. there appears to be no obvious damaged to the board.
i have also been speaking to travel world
its anoying because the van is unusable at the moment
thanks for all your help so far

I doubt CBE will be much help, I also doubt they will give away their circuit diagram.

You'd have more luck Googling the model number of the control panel, if it shows one.

trek 05-08-2015 08:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by gaspode (Post 1606034)

PS: Those CBE units can display very inaccurate and misleading readings, especially if they haven't been calibrated for a long time or if solar panels have been connected (via a regulator) directly to the battery instead of using the solar terminal on the control unit.

Gaspode Can you provide further info on the correct connection of a solar panel via a regulator to a camper with a CBE system PLEASE

Harrison (see His thread "Carthago prewired for solar " ) and i are interested in making the solar connection on carthago's that have been factory prewired