Farewell old pal - Page 3 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 41 (permalink) Old 24-01-2008, 21:37

I have been crying for you, i got to the 3rd post and my chin went, cry away it is natural.

Laura XXX
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 41 (permalink) Old 24-01-2008, 21:41

So sorry Annie,Jeeves sounds like he was a special boy and you have done right by him .

Run Free at the Bridge Jeeves.

Chris
post #23 of 41 (permalink) Old 24-01-2008, 21:51

Send a message via MSN to Rapide561
Rainbow bridge

Hello Annie

I have lost people in the past and found it less of a trauma than losing Oscar last year. Oscar died in my arms, and I take comfort knowing that we were together at the end.

The days and weeks ahead do get better as the clock ticks on.

Oscar will be waiting for Jeeves at the Rainbow Bridge.

Take care

xx
Attached Images
File Type: jpg oscar_at_iseo__300_x_450__454.jpg (39.3 KB, 1 views)

post #24 of 41 (permalink) Old 24-01-2008, 21:56

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. I'm sure in time you will have so many more happy memories of Jeeves than sad ones. I know labs, they always find ways of making you laugh.
Run free at the bridge Jeeves.
(I love the name btw)
Lesley
post #25 of 41 (permalink) Old 24-01-2008, 22:20

I too had a tear in my eye when reading about Jeeves.

I have a 10 year 10 month old chocolate Labrador Coco. I dread the day when he goes over Rainbow Bridge. He was my late husband's dog and is very much a link with him.

Fortunately Coco is reasonably well except for the old arthritis for which he is receiving medication.

With their shorter life span they willl inevitably leave us but we never forget them do we. I still remember Caesar (golden Labrador born in 1960 but we only had him for 3 years as he was run over when our neighbour had left the gate open and he got out), Sign, ( another golden Labrador who lived until he was 10) and Rufus (black cocker spaniel who lived until he was 13-he would let people into the house but wouldn't let them out again!) Such happy memories they have all left behind.

When the dreaded day does come for Coco to make his way to Rainbow Bridge, I would hope to be able to cradle him and say my goodbye as you did Annie.

Peggy x
post #26 of 41 (permalink) Old 24-01-2008, 22:24

Hi Annie so sorry to hear of your loss like so many others we know what your going thro.

Alex & Linda.
post #27 of 41 (permalink) Old 24-01-2008, 22:32

Hiya well here I am sat here tears streaming down my face I am so so sorry and I know just how you feel, it is actually a year yesterday since we had to have our old Yorkie put to sleep and yesterday and today I thought of him and smiled...........the hurt and anguish now replaced with happy memories of our life together and the way me and him were so close he knew me and I knew him.

A few months before I lost him I had also got a puppy a welsh terrrier and he certainly helped ease the pain, he is my big boy and I tell him that everyday............then in March last year I also got a little girl welshie so now have two she is my likkle girl I love them both in different ways but the thought of when that time comes again is too painful to think about............but I wouldn't be without them they bring so much happiness to my life not to mention friendship and loyalty.

The pain will ease just think of the old boy now romping over rainbow bridge free and happy until the day you meet again.

Take care my thoughts are with you.
post #28 of 41 (permalink) Old 24-01-2008, 22:53 Thread Starter

I cannot tell you all what all your messages of support mean to me and I do know that you all know how I am feeling right now. All your little stories have made me laugh....and cry.....some of you I have had the good fortune to meet....some I have not...but i know that we all share a common bond in the love of our pets and the good old motorhome life.
Hubby is not back from work yet as is working a late shift, so me and the girls have been sat laughing (and crying again!!) about all the daft things Jeevesy Boy got up to in his life....like the time some dinner guests were leaving and he saw an open door and made a run for it, returning 10 minutes later sat in the front of a taxi.....the time he was so pleased to see my visiting niece at the front door and he knocked her clean off her feet nearlly fracturing her skull!! The list is endless..... How lucky we all are to have such happy memories....at least we can rest assured that he is looking back over the bridge knowing he was loved.
Need more wine now!!
With Thanks To You All....

Annie
post #29 of 41 (permalink) Old 24-01-2008, 23:52

Hi Annie I am still crying..........get yourself another drink.

Tomorrow will be hard for you too, but I promise you it will get better with time, you will miss him so much, at least he had a good life now how many doggies can say that ? he is at rest and he feels no pain now.

I don't know how you feel but if you have a place in your heart ever to have a new baby I know that it helps, read my best friends Sonesta posts ref her tragic accident with Angel in Italy and the little girl who is now totally devoted to her Candy Kisses in the posts on here.

Of course nothing ever will replace the old boy we all know that but he will always be your special boy.
post #30 of 41 (permalink) Old 25-01-2008, 00:11

Send a message via AIM to annetony
So sorry Annie to hear about Jeeves,
we have lost 2 dogs and 4 cats over the last 35 years, so know how you are feeling now, our old dog Rusty we have had for 16 years now and know that the time for him is not far away, and I dread it coming,
just remember all the good times with a smile, at least you were with him at the end and he knows how much you loved him.

Run free at the Bridge Jeeves,

Anne

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page