farewell zara our best ever friend - Page 2 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-11-2015, 21:27

My Motorhome: Burstner IXEO IT734
Really feel for you. I dead the day we lose our Max

I am going into space in a vehicle made from over 3 million components, each manufactured by the lowst bidder - Neil Armstrong
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-11-2015, 19:03 Thread Starter

even though i said this would be difficult i really feel the need to update this thread.

first i must thank you for the replies and support, anything is welcome.

the "deed" was carried out on Tuesday at our vets and then High peak pet funeral services of buxton dealt with the cremation, a more professional , caring, and compassionate service could not be had anywhere, although not cheap, we didn't care about the cost, this has really helped us.

we hung around in Buxton and brought her home with us the the same night.

the pain is deep, more so with my wife , who is really struggling. as she is already suffering from severe PTSD and our pet was always a comfort to her.

we are going away for the weekend to be alone, but our "girl" will come with us in the van as she always has done.

thanks again
Sundial, Sundial, clubman and 3 others like this.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-11-2015, 19:19

My Motorhome: Adria coral supreme
Cookies

It probabally isn't the time to tell you this

But there is another girl out there, desperate for a loving home

Especially if you feel able to take a rescue dog or pup

He or she will take nothing from "your girl"

Just continue the circle of life

I know I've been there many times

Sandra

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-11-2015, 22:21

My Motorhome: Laika H680 Ecovip
Cookies, I am really sorry to hear your news, I was at work when our shepherd took a turn for the worse and my daughter phoned me. There was no way I could leave and she had to find an emergency vets and take her there for the last time. I came home at midnight and had to dig a grave, remove her from the back of my daughters car and bury her in our garden. The dog had been deteriorating for some time and although a relief that she was no longer in any pain we all missed her terribly.
I no longer remember her having to drag her back legs behind her whenever she moved or being oblivious to our presence when she had curled up on the settee when we had returned from being out. The memories I have of her are all fun related she is as happy as hell.

Best wishes to you, it takes a time...

Don't Treat the Joke as a Job now available on Kindle.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...=1&*entries*=0
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-11-2015, 14:43

My Motorhome: Niesmann Bischoff Flair
Just read the complete thread and can add nothing more than others already have. I am so very sorry for your loss, it is the hardest thing I have ever had to do, but we do it for the right reasons out of love for our beloved pet.

Thinking of you both

Stewart
Spacerunner and Spacerunner like this.
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-11-2015, 16:32

My Motorhome: I drive...Auto Trail Navajo
Personal Aire
I write through my tears.

We have 2 lovely dogs, but I don´t think hardly a day goes by when either Hans or I say “Do you remember when (naming one of the other 7 dogs we´ve had) used to do this or that”.
7 times we have had this terrible experience of saying goodbye, but never have we said "never again".
The biggest compliment you can pay Zara is to have another dog, there is one not far away waiting for someone just like you to take it home and love it.
Jan

I'm Jan
We learn something new every day.
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-11-2015, 15:05

My Motorhome: LMC
Personal Aire
It is always so sad a time. I have always had a dog since my 6th birthday present. An amazing cooker spaniel who was my playmate and best friend. Other dogs followed in succession and after the pleasure, love and fun we had to go through the anguish of holding them through their final moments. Last time my husband said never again but we have had the pleasure of sharing in our daughter's pets.

One year ago tomorrow I was helping her through saying goodbye to her 1st dog as an adult and it was every bit as bad as with my own. We still miss them all but mostly the memories are happy ones although the date and reading this thread does bring back the sadness as well as the joyful memories.
aldra and aldra like this.

Pat

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page