RIP my beautiful Freya - Page 2 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 21-01-2014, 10:15

Hello.
You will always have the memories,they never dim,we have a rescue,as we were to old to treat a puppy, how we would have liked. Took two years to get her to completely trust us,but have we got a companion now.
Best of luck for the future,journey on Freya in peace.
hulltramper
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 21-01-2014, 10:41

So sorry, I know just how you feel.
I can promise you though that one day you will look back , think of Freya and smile.
Take care,

CM
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 21-01-2014, 11:31

So Sorry

The pain is still with me after 5 years of my Layla passing. She was a rescue dog and the most loving natured animal I have ever seen which begs the question of how someone could almost starve her to death.

I'm glad to hear you're considering a rescue dog because my experience shows that they deserve the chance to enjoy a loving owner and I'm sure you'll fit the bill perfectly.

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 21-01-2014, 11:33

A much used phrase “Only a dog lover would understand” is perhaps a little unfair, most can empathise with a deeply felt loss.

Fortunate in having the outdoor space we have rescued any number of dogs since moving to Spain. Not an unusual habit in the ex-pat community. Peaking at 14 dags we are now down to 7.

Amongst the pack is a Husky, Lisa, now our longest resident. Probably like yours she is hugely independent but fiercely loyal. Matriarch of the group she tends to watch over the others from the outside ……. literally that is, from an overlooking hillside……… returning as she feels.

She has been with us for 10 years and was 4 years we believe in various homes before we took her in...... so we think she is about 14 in human years.

Gone is the once glossy coat, the muzzle is grey and her eyes have that distant and tired look. Except for a slight limp, the result of a broken leg and permanent pin implant, she seems quite fit ……… But I dread the coming of the inevitable day.

Many who travelled with me will remember “Sidney”. Over two years have passed since we parted company and I still can’t find the words.

I so understand…………….. For Freya

post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 21-01-2014, 14:57

My Motorhome: Burstner IXEO IT734
I dread the day when we lose our Maxie

Heartfelt wishes and I'm sure you gave Freya a fantastic life

I am going into space in a vehicle made from over 3 million components, each manufactured by the lowst bidder - Neil Armstrong
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 22-01-2014, 19:41

So sorry to read your news. The grief never passes, but it does get better over time. A new doggy friend will never replace Freya but will claim a different place in your hearts. I know, I've been there. A new dog will keep you occupied and will make you smile again.

Run free at the Bridge Freya

Sue

Sue
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 22-01-2014, 20:20

Send a message via MSN to Rapide561
Freya

You have my deepest sympathy

You must think of all the great times you have had, and also, when ready, the newcomer and the chaos and fun he will bring too.

Russell
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 22-01-2014, 23:58

So sorry to hear about your Freya. She might find my Max who passed over the bridge in July. Glad to hear you are considering a rescue, there are so many unwanted and ill treated dogs around. We got Jeffrey in August as I couldn't bear life without a pooch. He's a lovely 4 yo Staffie. He cannot replace Max, nor Rosie our first dog, but he definitely fills the space.
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 23-01-2014, 13:23

Sorry to hear about Freya. You don't really stop missing them. We both have such good memories of the two we've had that have gone. It took a week before I decided to foster the one we have now. I made a rubbish fosterer 'cos I couldn't give her back!

All the best - Lesley

Fancy a great ebook read? Try this http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HGULBU0

Read about our trip around Europe - http://charliedogcametoo.blogspot.co.uk/

Interested in writing? Check out my blog http://lesleysscribblingsblog.blogspot.co.uk/

Would like to view my painting? Follow me on https://www.artfinder.com/lesley-hale#/

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page