Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat - View Single Post - Battery Charging by Solar/Efoy?

View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 25-12-2012, 13:21
erneboy

My Motorhome: Four Winds RV
Re: Battery charging

Quote:
Originally Posted by alshymer
Hi
Thanks again all.
Alan you surprise me when you say that the Efoy's expected life is only 3000hrs and as you say, this time could be used quite quickly.
I know that you have had yours refurbished but I cannot quite make my mind up as to whether you really like it or not!!
What made you think that it needed refurbishment?
It is as you say an expensive piece of kit, which only generates some 3.9AH (1200w)
Thank you for your comments and have a great day.
Regards
At just over 3,000 hours and around five years old the performance of mine began dropping off quite a bit. Around 2 amps max. even on a fairly discharged battery. I guessed the stack might be coming to the end of it's life so contacted SFC, the manufacturer. They said send it along and we will test it.

They confirmed that the stack needed replacing and so that's being done now.

Yes, I like it a lot. It gives sufficient power for our needs without hook up and without needing to run the engine. I don't like the noise of generators or of the Gasperini.

I use it very carefully and only when I feel I absolutely need to.

If my quick mental calculation is correct power produced this way costs well over £20 per kilowatt. It's not to be used frivolously I think.

Regards, Alan.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome