Fiat Cab Door Locks - Alternatives ! - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-08-2010, 18:10 Thread Starter
Fiat Cab Door Locks - Alternatives !

Having joined the stats. of those "screwdrivered" whilst overnighting on a Belgian Motorway service area, earlier this year ("saved" by the internal HeoSafe deadlocks !), I sought an alternative to replacement of the (very expensive) FIAT door lock - the new FIAT Lock Set is over 400 plus fitting !!

I didn't wish to put in an identical new lock, given how apparently "easy" the FIAT ones are to "break". After extensive web-based and telephone searching I came across "". A very helpful Paul Chase suggested their standard "Hykee Replock", which has a small-cylindrical key (no room for a screwdriver !) and is an almost direct replacement for the FIAT barrel and outer fitment.

A pair of these locks came in at 159 (126 +VAT +P&P) and were easily fitted for me by Camper UK; I suspect the moderately competent could easily achieve self-installation, as full instructions come with the locks.

Paul Chase of "Van-Locked" can be contacted on 01295 250303 and is happy to offer advice on suitability, by vehicle - I understand they deal with all of the major chassis makers and thus cover all current "base vehicles" of interest to the motorhoming world.

I have no connection with "Van-Locked" other than as a well-satisfied customer, but would certainly recommend them if you find yourself in need of replacement locks - and, like me, don't fancy FIAT's exorbitant pricing !

Sponsored Links
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-08-2010, 20:42
I can also recommend armaplate's. They go over the orignal lock as stainless steel plate with a plate inside the door this forms a triple-barrier. So if you have been screwdrivered the plate will cover the damage, will also stop it happening again. No need for new keys and pricing very similar to the Hykee Replock.

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-08-2010, 21:23 Thread Starter
When I chatted through with Paul Chase of Van-Locked - before buying the replacement locks - he advised me that you cannot fit both Armaplate and the Hykee Replocks (my ideal choice !), it has to be one or the other!

Apparently, Armaplate is made to fit around the FIAT lock, the Hykee Replock is of marginally larger diameter, so won't "snuggle-in" the Armaplate.

Armaplate is great for covering any bodywork damage if "screw-drivering" has been done to the outside of the lock cylinder; mine was "screwdrivered" down the lock barrel, unfortunately. So you need to pick the right item, depending on the damage you been "gifted" !

Nonetheless, for me a great result for just on 200 fitted, much less than half the price of the FIAT replacement lock set.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page