Cab and door locks extra security - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 20-11-2008, 06:28 PM Thread Starter

Cab and door locks extra security

Hi sometime ago someone suggested interior cab door locking in addition to the normal locks.........I think some kind of device from door to door inside, and also an extra easily fitted lock for the habitation door.

Does anyone remember the topic or the product ? and also does anyone know if there is a company that might do next day delivery if ordered tomorrow to be delivered on Sat ? or is that asking too much LOL

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 20-11-2008, 06:41 PM

You might be thinking of Heosafe? I remember seeing them at Peterborough earlier in the year.

JohnW
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 20-11-2008, 07:37 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzo
You might be thinking of <a href=http://www.outdoorbits.com/product_info.php/cPath/5_23/products_id/82>HeoSafe [MHF Link]</a>? I remember seeing them at Peterborough earlier in the year.

JohnW
Hi thanks no that isn't the cab one that I saw, however on the same link http://www.outdoorbits.com/fiamma-safe-door-p-124.html is similiar or the same as the other one I saw on here.
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 20-11-2008, 07:40 PM

First make sure you don't have deadlocks fitted or you could be wasting your money. Use the remote to lock the cab doors and then press the button twice more in quick succession to find out.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 20-11-2008, 07:45 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autoquest
First make sure you don't have deadlocks fitted or you could be wasting your money. Use the remote to lock the cab doors and then press the button twice more in quick succession to find out.
Thanks I have a feeling we tried this out last winter, but will def double check I seem to recall my best friend Sonesta doing the same on her Fiat cab too at the same time.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 20-11-2008, 08:09 PM

We bought some Nylon webbing and a metal buckle from B&Q for about a fiver all in. Sewed the buckle on at one end and loop the webbing through the door rests and close the buckle in the middle of the cab. That way if the door locks are forced/picked the doors still can't be opened.

The buckle is a slip type that can be unfastened in a hurry in case of emergencies. Because we have the blinds shut at night nobody can see it so they don't know it's there.

However, we got so blase about things last year in France & Spain we only used it about three times in 12 weeks of touring! It will probably be used from April until July in Italy though!

We rely on the extra Fiamma lock on the habitation door and We also put the alarm on "sleep" mode so we can move about in the van but it will operate if the doord are opened.

I also park near big Hymers that are obviously occupied by rich folk so footpads and ne'erdowells are more likely to go next door!
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 20-11-2008, 08:37 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annsman
We bought some Nylon webbing and a metal buckle from B&Q for about a fiver all in. Sewed the buckle on at one end and loop the webbing through the door rests and close the buckle in the middle of the cab. That way if the door locks are forced/picked the doors still can't be opened.

The buckle is a slip type that can be unfastened in a hurry in case of emergencies. Because we have the blinds shut at night nobody can see it so they don't know it's there.

However, we got so blase about things last year in France & Spain we only used it about three times in 12 weeks of touring! It will probably be used from April until July in Italy though!

We rely on the extra Fiamma lock on the habitation door and We also put the alarm on "sleep" mode so we can move about in the van but it will operate if the doord are opened.

I also park near big Hymers that are obviously occupied by rich folk so footpads and ne'erdowells are more likely to go next door!
Thanks LOL ref Hymers we too didn't use anything extra whilst in Portugal last winter, we do have two very alert welsh terriers on board too........any slight noinse and they are on alert.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 20-11-2008, 09:29 PM

Door locks

Hi

Have a look at my photos,

"Cowlys album"

Dead locks for when away from the MH, and steel straps fitted from the seat base and hooked on to the doors at night time,
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 20-11-2008, 09:36 PM Thread Starter

Re: Door locks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowly
Hi

Have a look at my photos,

"Cowlys album"

Dead locks for when away from the MH, and steel straps fitted from the seat base and hooked on to the doors at night time,
On my way to look now thanks.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 20-11-2008, 10:04 PM

I remember reading that someone threaded their seat belt through the door handles. Not tried it, to see if it would work.

You could get some ratchet tie down straps from Halfords, Keep a pair of scissors nearby for emergencies.

http://tinyurl.com/6a97ml

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page