Carthago Owners UK - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-08-2007, 22:38 Thread Starter

Carthago Owners UK

Hello All,
Further to discussions in the Carthago forum regarding setting up a Carthago Owners club, I had a call from Rob Meakin at Lowdhams saying that the couple who were intending to start up an owners club have now told him that due to present commitments they will not be able to progress the matter. As we had already expressed an interest in setting up an owners club Rob asked if we were still interested in doing so. In a moment of weakness, we said "yes".
We are drafting an introductory letter which Lowdhams will distribute to their Carthago customers. Apparently, by the end of 2007 there will be just short of 100 owners in UK. Hopefully, a fair percentage will show an interest and we will have sufficient numbers to make a club worthwhile.
The initial contact with the owners has to be made with help from Lowdham as it would not be appropriate for them to impart details of their customers. The introduction letter will assure owners that there has been no breach of confidential information and if they choose not to follow up then that will be the last contact they receive.
If all goes to plan the letter should go out around the end of August so keep an eye on your post!
More news as we progress.
best wishes,
George
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-08-2007, 22:46

Personal Aire
George,

I've often pondered owners clubs. I guess I've always thought that if a significant fraction, if not a majority, had internet access it might be nice to host it on MHF.

Dave
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-08-2007, 21:29 Thread Starter

Hello Dave,
I agree that this site is a good place to host a forum but we also need to be aware that it is very much a public domain. My experience of running an owners club for a few years as a local area representative is that there are occasions when the information that you wish to exchange may not be suitable to release to a public domain. For example, we recently organised a meeting where a member had volunteered to host a BBQ at his house. Members needed to be provided with his address and contact details.
I think there is also some benefit in having our own website which simply provides information. E.g. who we are, what we do and how to get in touch.
In summary, I feel that we could use several types of media. A private e-mail network, the public forum on this site and our own information web site for prospective members.
Whilst this site is excellent, it can become cluttered and difficult to find the particular information you need. It is also beyond our control as to what is published.
Thanks for your input which is much appreciated.
best wishes,
George

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-08-2007, 23:55

Hi George

I we you an apology as I did email the contact I had who was looking into setting up a club and his response was as reported by Rob. I'm afraid I've been away so hadn't got round to letting you know, sorry, but at least now you have it confirmed that nothing else has been organised.

We haven't got much time just now for rallies and meets (still trying to make it to a MHF one, sadly the August biggie clashes with a family wedding) we would be with you at least in spirit/email/webchat etc and would hope at some point to join you for a meet if you go ahead with the idea. Good luck, keep me in on any developments and we'll join in least in the spirit outlined above. More than happy to talk to anyone/subscribe, whatever.

Best wishes, Ruth
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-08-2007, 10:32 Thread Starter

Hello Ruth,
No need to apologise. We are all keen travellers and busy people. E-mail and Internet is wondeful when you are sitting at a desk but, hey, we have better things to do! I anticipate one of the problems of communicating with interested parties will be the long delays in response when people are " away form their desks" - and so they should be!
Thanks for your support.
best wishes,
George
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 20-09-2007, 22:55

Hi, hope that this goes well and I look forward to a letter from Rob at some point as I would love to meet a few more of you - Ruth did ask me in the I47 post about getting the bit between my teeth and doing something more than just asking everyone else about running a club - but I need to freeload on this one I'm afraid as I am so busy at that four letter word "work" that it will just be impossible for me to commit and do it justice - but I look forward to a successful birth of the club and wish you well.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 21-09-2007, 20:03 Thread Starter

Hello drmjclarke,
Thanks for your good wishes for the success of the club. I have prepared the introduction letters and sent these together with stamped addressed reply envelopes to Lowdhams for distribution to their Carthago customers.
Hopefully, if Lowdhams can make a quick turnaround the letters should go out in the next week or so.
Sorry to hear about the W word intruding on your leisure time!
Best wishes,
George
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 21-09-2007, 20:17

Hi George
We will soon, I hope, be the proud owners of a Cathargo chic and would be interested in an owners club. We are at this moment waiting for the phone call from Rob to say that our new Baby/toy is born.
Colin & Mary
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 21-09-2007, 21:13

Hi George

Thanks for that - I will watch for the postie then - not been out in our new toy for 2 weeks now and getting itchy feet - just love it - dont think anyone with a carthago will be disappointed - they are just absolutely great -

look forward to a meet sometime then !!!

Mitchell.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 22-09-2007, 10:33 Thread Starter

Hello Colin & Mary,
Exciting times for you! I bet you are really looking forward to your new motorhome. We are still waiting for our Chic I51 which we are told is on the production line right now - so we expect to take delivery in very early Novemeber.
If you are a Lowdhams customer you should receive an introduction letter from them in the near future. Lowdhams are the only people who have your addresses and we cannot expect them to release this confidential information to us. Therefore, we are relying upon Lowdhams to make the mailshot on behalf of the owners club and for the owners to respond with their contact details. This will be a "one time" mailing and we are hoping that most owners will respond even if it is only to say that they are not interested in joining the club.
I am planning to supply Rob with some flyers to give to new and prospective cutomers and I hope to set up a website so that people can find out how to contact us.
If you do not receive the letter from Lowdhams within the next few weeks please let me know.
Best wishes,
George

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page