Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spain 2012

244K views 556 replies 74 participants last post by  jax 
#1 ·
I am currently in Odissea Denia talking to Ruben about our next meet in Spain. Tomorrow I will look at the site of his new aire at Calpe to suss out the surrounding facilities.then try to decide a date and which one to use. Denia will be larger and Calpe will take initially nearly 60 vans. However it would be good if we could use the sea and beach and that would mean moving the date to May as its too chilly in April. So please give me feed back on changing to May. I will not do it if all the nice folk who came 2011 dont want to change so dont worry. I am thinking early May but if we dont change it will be timed to miss the spanish easter holidays in April, Please feel free to voice your opinion so I can soon fix a date. :)

#2 ·
Hi Ken,

We personally would prefer the later date, lets be honest, we were very lucky to have had the weather so good the last time around.
Having said that, just put us down as definately attending X2 for ANYTIME you plan it!!!

Roll on, cheers Ken,

Ken & Linda (flyingpigs) :D :D :D

#3 ·
C7KEN said:
I am currently in Odissea Denia talking to Ruben about our next meet in Spain. Tomorrow I will look at the site of his new aire at Calpe to suss out the surrounding facilities.then try to decide a date and which one to use. Denia will be larger and Calpe will take initially nearly 60 vans. However it would be good if we could use the sea and beach and that would mean moving the date to May as its too chilly in April. So please give me feed back on changing to May. I will not do it if all the nice folk who came 2011 dont want to change so dont worry. I am thinking early May but if we dont change it will be timed to miss the spanish easter holidays in April, Please feel free to voice your opinion so I can soon fix a date. :)
Ken, you're the guy doing all the work.

We'll fall in with whatever you decide along with the others having more specific needs. It will be enjoyable on whichever date or site you choose, and thank you.

#5 ·
Hi Ken - our preference would be early May. When we left you at Denia we spent 6 weeks at Calpe. If the aire is near to the Aldi, as you mentioned, it is walking distance to 3/4 supermarkets, beaches, shops, etc and its flat.

Hope you and Jenny are enjoying the weather as its rubbish in Cornwall where we are at the moment.

Chris and Graham

#7 ·
Hi Ken, hope you are all well and enjoying the Spanish sunshine. As for your 2012 meet, we will join any date. Think we prefer mid April but will still be ok with May. Not sure even May will be warm enough for us to be in the sea, sure some will though.

Give our regards to Ruben and hope the aires are keeping full. We have been putting the word about to anyone visiting the Denia area.

Have fun and look forward to meeting everyone in 2012.

Sooty. Keith and Kath.

#9 ·
Hi Ken & Jen,
pleased to hear you are already on the case for next years meet. We prefer May but we are quite happy to go along with everyone else on the date as we will definately be there and looking forward to it already. Regards to everyone we met on the meet and hope to see you all next year. Regards Jackie & Keith

#13 ·
Hi Ken

Preference is April after Easter but would try to make it in May. Location doesn't matter, happy wherever we end up.

Cheers

Sal and Don

Presently in Grindelwald sitting looking up at the Eiger. Took train up yesterday to Kleine Scheidegg and walked up to Eigergletscher - the last point before train up to Jungfraujoch. Was going to walk back down via the Eiger trail which hugs the bottom of the North Face but took one look at the trail and changed my mind. I don't do drop-offs and narrow spine tracks with sheer stuff down the side!
Leaving today and heading south to Barcelona.

#14 ·
As you all may recall it was Brandywine who first asked about a meet in Spain and I replied that I had thought about it, so we forged ahead and we had one that I think was enjoyed by many. So of course I must make sure that the date accomodates them for 2012. If its in April it will have to be from Mon 16th as there are two Spanish groups likely to fill the aires and I prefer not to restrict numbers this time. This is not yet a fixed date but just something for you all to think about. Sally take care where your walking :)

#17 ·
The Calpe aire is right now being created There is a lot of work to be done before it will accept vans. I have been there and looked but we need to go and stay there probably in September for a few days then we can find a good local restaurant venue as I have 2 nights of food and entertainment planned for next year. I am thinking to have Woody back for one of the nights as he does a Buddy Holly tribute act and can do that as part of his gig and that I think you will enjoy. Then either Eddy C or John the fiddler both brilliant. I am on the case already and have spoken to Eddy and Woody. I will talk to J the F asap. because I would really like to get him but he is not cheap. I hope we can make this meet very exciting as I don't want anyone to get bored. The bars and shops are closer to Calpe but the beach a longer walk .Its more central than Denia but Denia has the bike lane and bus stop so each will be OK but we will know by September.which to choose .I will post links to Eddy C and John the Fiddler soon so you can see and hear them perform. :)

#18 ·
C7KEN said:
The Calpe aire is right now being created There is a lot of work to be done before it will accept vans. I have been there and looked but we need to go and stay there probably in September for a few days then we can find a good local restaurant venue as I have 2 nights of food and entertainment planned for next year. I am thinking to have Woody back for one of the nights as he does a Buddy Holly tribute act and can do that as part of his gig and that I think you will enjoy. Then either Eddy C or John the fiddler both brilliant. I am on the case already and have spoken to Eddy and Woody. I will talk to J the F asap. because I would really like to get him but he is not cheap. I hope we can make this meet very exciting as I don't want anyone to get bored. The bars and shops are closer to Calpe but the beach a longer walk .Its more central than Denia but Denia has the bike lane and bus stop so each will be OK but we will know by September.which to choose .I will post links to Eddy C and John the Fiddler soon so you can see and hear them perform. :)
Ken you deserve a medal for all the work and planning you do :D

#21 ·
Just thought I would say that organising a meet is not hard work. If you can get the site and other interesting places near to it then its fairly easy. We had the market, lidl, The bank, The post Office, The camping shop, The chinese Bazar all close. I was fortunate in that I had Ruben and Rebecca to help me with the restaurant then we luckily found the german bar but no way do they organise the entertainer again as I can get better than the Nomad.. I personally thought Tony's restaurant (El Laut) was a good venue, even the girls and the little chef joined in and the meal and drink for €7.50 was well worth it. I know a good few entertainers so that was easy. There were actually people booked to come who did not let me know they were not coming and that was disappointing as I had no time after it started to contact anyone else, however its their loss. And what can I say about Coleen. Never a dull moment. And no she is not a professional comediene but maybe she should have been. :)

#24 ·
Hi Ken
I read with envy,everyone reporting a good time this year.
Well we retire in 4 weeks time `Yeees `,so if you are short on numbers please include us for any dates.
Just be nice now to travel out of the school holidays.

Les and Shirley

#25 ·
To all those that are posting that they would like to join us in 2012. Wait until I settle on a date then it will be listed under Rallies and Meets then you can add your names. All I need to do now is hear from some of the attendees on the 2011 event as I promised them priority for 2012. I expect I will be able to increase the numbers for 2012. Then I will pick a definate date . However the likely date will be from Mon 16th April. I also need to contact one amazing entertainer and see if we can get him during that week. I will be in the UK from 21st July till 17th Aug but will try to decide this before I leave here. However if not I will certainly do it on my return. To all the 2011 attendees that have not been in contact please let me know asap if you are joining us in 2012 . I expect this will be filled up early but thats OK as its going to be bigger and better for 2012. To those that were not with us this year we have some activity every day, we have a meal and professional entertainment. We make sure no one feels left out. We laugh a lot. Of course you dont have to join in with every activity but I do need everyone there for the restaurant and nights out as good entertainers don't come cheap . My friend Eddy is on €400 plus travelling expenses and people are happy to pay that even with flights. We can't go to that expense so negotiations are under way to do us a deal. If we have a good attendance the cost spread out will be peanuts. Because we only had one entertainer this year and i'm stepping it up with a second more expensive one I would like everyone to pay a small deposit for 2012 then its worry free regarding financing.

#26 ·
Hi Ken, hope you are well.

We enjoyed this years meet very much and would like to return next year. Dates are immaterial, its sunny all the time innit? :D .

I've had a threatening letter from the Street Girls Cooperative saying that if I don't return their patio chairs I'm in deep trouble. So I can kill two birds at once (if ya get my drift). :lol:

Take care John.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.