Rapido 9048DF - real life experiences? - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 15-02-2011, 12:56 PM Thread Starter

Rapido 9048DF - real life experiences?

Dear all,

We're researching buying a motorhome for our impending retirement and the RAPIDO 9048DF is currently in our top 5 list...

Now, the brochures and specs are all very well, but I'd be really grateful if any of you existing 9048DF owners could give us recommendations and/or advice based on actual experiences, issues, problems etc ...

To give you some background on what we expect to do with our yet to be chosen MH, our likely annual usage will be 2 or 3 European winter ski trips and 3-4 trips at other times (UK & Europe). We're likely to be crossing borders regularly. Trip length will probably average 2 weeks and I would imagine that we wouldn't be wild camping for more than 2 nights at a time.

If any of you have a similar pattern of usage in your 9048DF I'd really like some feedback from you, if you have the time.

Many thanks,
CD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 15-02-2011, 01:37 PM

Hi CD,

The 9048 is a superb van.Huge seating for 8 people,giant fridge freezer,comfy bed etc etc.

We had one for 2 years and loved it.However we are fair weather campers and so didn't really need to entertain indoors much and as we are not so good at climbing up to bed anymore we decided to downsize to the Rapido 903.This is under 6m and has a fixed bed over a garage,but less seating area.

The double floor on the 9048 is great storage,but again for us it was difficult to access.

I would say if you are fit and agile this model is brilliant.

We have had a Laika then a Pilote and now 2 Rapidos which we have found to be far better quality.

Helen
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 15-02-2011, 05:11 PM Thread Starter

Helen - thanks, very comforting reply
post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 15-02-2011, 05:16 PM

My Motorhome: Hymer B544SL
Personal Aire
the predecessor models 927F and 924F had the same layout but were both under 6m long (I think the 9048 is 6.5m?)

See my travels blog at
http://Bognormike.blogspot.com

As far as I know, the only motorhoming Oxford United supporter in Bognor.

I don't feed trolls!
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 15-02-2011, 05:41 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bognormike
the predecessor models 927F and 924F had the same layout but were both under 6m long (I think the 9048 is 6.5m?)
Aaah... Mike, right, thanks.

I'm having touble finding specs/layout for old models (the Rapido web site doesn't seem to carry data on old models ).

Do these predecessor models have the winterisation - e.g. heated double floor containing the tanks etc? Or maybe you know of some links to old model specs?

Cheers

CD
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 15-02-2011, 06:39 PM

My Motorhome: Rapido 9048 A class
9048df

Ours is three yrs old this march. Done 24000 miles in the uk and Europe most trips have been two or three months long, punishing roads in Italy and Parts of Scotland bit it didn't put a foot wrong. Fully winterised and double floor. Has been brilliant. pleasure to drive and very comfortable to live in both in very hot and very cold conditions even over extended periods. never felt cramped at all.

Suggest you have a solar panel for the aires and stelplatze. Also an awning. We looked for two years for our ideal motorhome and we are glad we did. Build quality is as good as anything and better than most. One small problem a leaking window at around three months old, then a fault on the boiler both fixed without too much drama although Brownhills were poor on work quality. But soon fixed elsewhere.

Would certainly buy another one and would recommend without hesitation.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 15-02-2011, 06:58 PM

I have PDF brochure for 2008 Rapido but it is too big for the forum. PM me and I can send it to you as I can't remember where on the net I found it. We are also looking to change and are considering Rapidos
Brian
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 15-02-2011, 07:30 PM

My Motorhome: Hymer B544SL
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncleswede
Quote:
Originally Posted by bognormike
Aaah... Mike, right, thanks.

I'm having touble finding specs/layout for old models (the Rapido web site doesn't seem to carry data on old models ).

Do these predecessor models have the winterisation - e.g. heated double floor containing the tanks etc? Or maybe you know of some links to old model specs?

Cheers

CD
I think they were, but no details about specs etc. I remember seeing some members with these models, try a model search in the members list, you might find somebody you can PM for details - if they don't come on and give you some details.

See my travels blog at
http://Bognormike.blogspot.com

As far as I know, the only motorhoming Oxford United supporter in Bognor.

I don't feed trolls!
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 16-02-2011, 09:19 AM Thread Starter

Hi.

Do any of you find the relatively low payload of the 9048DF an issue - particularly on long trips?

CD
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 16-02-2011, 10:13 AM

My Motorhome: Rapido 9048 A class
9048DF

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncleswede
Hi.

Do any of you find the relatively low payload of the 9048DF an issue - particularly on long trips?

CD
Has not been a problem for us, two people and a dog, all clothing, food etc.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page