T-Mobile Content Lock - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-08-2007, 11:06 AM Thread Starter

T-Mobile Content Lock

I've just received an e-mail telling me that I've been added as a friend to friends Facebook account. The Reply To address is genuine and it's one of my most trusted friends. When I clicked the link a plain page came up apparently from T-Mobile saying:

"Content Lock has barred this service because this site is rated 18. If you are over 18, you can access this site and others like it if you register to remove Content Lock.
Register"

I'm then prompted to enter my credit card details and T-Mobile will charge and repay a small amount to my card. They did this when I opened the account, so it doesn't seem unreasonable, but it does look a bit dodgy. There may be something about it in the introduction pack they posted to me that I haven't collected from my postal address yet, so I may be worrying unnecessarily.

Has anyone else had this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-08-2007, 11:17 AM

Yes content lock is standard with t-mobile. You can remove through "my-tmobile" web page or dialing code as per the book.

Guy
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-08-2007, 11:21 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by legend654
Yes content lock is standard with t-mobile. You can remove through "my-tmobile" web page or dialing code as per the book.

Guy
Thanks. That sounds a bit safer. I'll have another look later.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-08-2007, 11:29 AM

Yes, I encountered a bit of a problem with content lock. The website requires a credit card as proof of being over 18. I don't have a credit card and apparently the debit cards I have are no use for this.

When you phone them they'll be looking for an address where you have a credit history and at least be on the voter register.... made the mistake of giving my mailing address which didn't meet the criteria. Luckily the lady at the other end fixed it by taking my previous (old) address which still showed me on the voter register.

If anyone runs into problems on both above options you can call into a T Mobile shop and convince them face to face that you're over 18
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-08-2007, 10:02 PM Thread Starter

I've only just signed up to T-Mobile. I did it online and the only check they made was to charge my Debit card with £2 and immediately refund it. I removed the content lock in My T-Mobile, and it worked as soon as I disconnected and reconnected.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page