Discount code for Camping Card ACSI - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 07:31 PM Thread Starter

Discount code for Camping Card ACSI

Went to preorder 2009 ACSI Camping card and there is a box to enter a discount code - does anyone have a code for this.
Seems a bit mean when its only Ģ10.50 but if its available, why not.
Derek
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 07:53 PM

My Motorhome: Carthago Opus 5.6Q
Hi Derek,
You have a PM

Angie and Keith
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 08:48 PM

Hi Angie me too Please

Wobby

You donīt stop laughing because you grow old,

You grow old because you stop laughing!!!
post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 08:56 PM

Hi if there is a code me also if possiable your's Brian and Nod
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 09:14 PM

Hi
Can I also join in please as I am about to purchase the book.

Ron
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 09:29 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Angie and Keith great forum always somebody has an answer for your query.
Thanks
Derek
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 09:31 PM

Hi,

Anyone who is interested in the ACSI camping card and hasn't used this scheme before, Please be aware that there are EXCESS charges in addition to the advertised rates, when used on campsites. Also at least one of the campsites that we used didn't have the facilities stated in the guide.
As a result I notified the UK sellers, who noted my complaints but haven't yet done aything positive about it.
My gripe was that the small print isn't available on their website. It is only AFTER purchasing it that you realise excess charges can be made.These can be far higher than you might expect!
As one example, the 2008 ACSI guide showed one site as charging 10 euro's, when in fact they charged 12.50 euro's.
Others that we used were similar.

Mike Hol
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 09:34 PM

About to purchase in time for New Year travels, Can we have the code as well please.
Thanks in anticipation,

Peter & Jean
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHol
, Please be aware that there are EXCESS charges in addition to the advertised rates, when used on campsites.
Hi Mike...We've used the ACSI card in campsites all over Europe for many years and have never come across any excess or unexpected charges. On some sites, especially when the seasons are changing, there are ACSI areas where the pitches might be a little smaller or further from the lake or whatever and the hook up is only the amperage specified in the book. You are given the choice, if you want, to move to a bigger pitch and higher amperage but we've never had pressure applied.

Usually you simply turn up, present your ACSI card and choose your pitch and very often the amperage is bigger than specified. We've never had different facilities -eg showers, loos, pool entry etc to those paying full rate either. There is no way that anyone camping on the site could tell who is on ACSI rates and who is paying full whack.

There is usually a small tourist tax- usually less than 1 euro per night- but this is payable by all campers and at all sites all over Europe and goes towards facilities in the locality. We reckon this is a good idea and one which UK honeypot resorts might like to copy.

Can you name some of the sites where you have had to pay the excess and what it was for ?

G
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 10:17 PM

My Motorhome: Carthago Opus 5.6Q
Hi everyone,
Like I informed Derek, if you order through Vicarious books you can get a 5% discount. The code to use is on the subscriptions discount database for subscribers. I'm not stating what the code is here for everyone to see as this shouldn't be made available for those who are unwilling to part with their Ģ10 subscription,
Hope this helps everyone

Angie and Keith

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page