Dealers in Germany - Hymer/Eura Mobil - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 20-08-2008, 09:42 PM Thread Starter

Dealers in Germany - Hymer/Eura Mobil

Hi

After being tempted at the weekend we've put our sensible heads back on and decided not to rush into buying our first motorhome. We're looking for a Hymer or Eura Mobil coachbuilt with rear fixed bed, large garage and double floor. The UK prices seem to have risen since we looked around last year and we're considering purchasing direct from Germany. Have any members done this and can offer any advice or links to German dealers websites?

We're still finding our way around MHF sorry if this information is elsewhere.

Claire & Matt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 20-08-2008, 10:00 PM

Hi C & M. Try www.duerrwang.de at Dortmunde a big Hymer dealer. or on the way try Campirama at Kortreik in Belgium www.campirama.be

Cheers Sid
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 20-08-2008, 10:06 PM

Send a message via MSN to Rapide561
Importing

Hello

I can't help with your importing queries, but do bear in mind you may now get about 1.25 euro to the pound, whereas a year ago, you would have been getting 1.50 euo to the pound - or very close to that figure.

Russell
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 20-08-2008, 10:12 PM

A good place to look is the german equivalent of autotrader, mobile.de which has an English language option.

The Euro is high at the moment so I found prices for a Hymer Van 522 higher than UK private sales prices (this model has fixed rear bed, large garage but not a double floor - are you sure you need that?)

Hymer own various other brands which are worth a look - Detheffs Globevan 1 is similar to Hymer Van, Carado is their "budget" brand
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 21-08-2008, 01:05 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for your response so far.

Sorry SilverScooby forgot to mention we also need an overcab bed. We've got 2 young daughters and like the idea of 2 double beds that we don't have to make up every night.

We were (fingers crossed) hoping we'd still save some money, what with the UK prices increasing and the Euro decreasing we thought the difference may have remained.

Has anyone used a UK company (like MotorhomeDirect) to bring the van over? or do you think we'd be better of negotiating a UK dealer.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 21-08-2008, 01:46 PM

Hi, I did this last year see this post www.motorhomefacts.com/ftopic-29043.html it explains how I went about importing from Germany. I can gladly reccomend the company we dealt with.

Regards Tim
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 21-08-2008, 03:06 PM

Everyone seems to speak highly of Peter Hambilton at Preston, he imports vans from Germany apart from the enginering side, he certainly made a good job of our Hymer.
His phone number is 01772 315078. the website is ......

http://www.friendlyhippo.co.uk/hymerdirect/
Cheers Sid
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 21-08-2008, 07:22 PM Thread Starter

We'll have a look at the links, cheers.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 22-04-2009, 05:32 PM

My Motorhome: Hymer van 572
Importing from Germany

We bought a new Hymer 572 from www.duerrwang.de this time last year, and saved approximately 10,000 on the UK price. The price difference between the two countries now seems to be much less and may no longer be worth considering. I am not sure. However, Duerrwang are easy to deal with they speak good English and will respond to all your queries. They refunded our VAT as soon as we sent them our UK VAT receipt. I cannot recommend them highly enough. Their showroom is very easy to get to from the airport and they even paid for our taxi!

Good luck,

Dave
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 22-04-2009, 08:28 PM

we used, i think, motorhome direct the first time i bought a 'van from germany (passports had run out at the time) and had a good result. i recommended them to a colleague who wished to do the same and the price had gone up considerably and the work to be carried out on the vehicle was not completed. he would certainly not recommend.
the second 'van i imported myself, went over inspected, drove home, five countries in one day , no problems with registering it and mot.

cheers
simon

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page