overnight at Marine Parade Dover - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 24-08-2010, 12:08 PM Thread Starter

Dover Seafront Overnight Parking.

Hi All,
Does anyone know if it's still possible to overnight on the Dover Seafront? I have not stayed there before.
Thanks,
sennen523.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 24-08-2010, 12:19 PM

Yep, It sure is!
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 24-08-2010, 12:19 PM

We have stayed overnight at Canterbury P&R numerous times. Our van is 8.4m and fits in some of the spaces without a problem. I assumed that overnight was permitted. I have emailed my thanks for the Aire and overnight facility to the council more that once and have had very nice replies. I am sure that if overnighting was not permitted they would have told me, Alan.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 24-08-2010, 12:30 PM

My Motorhome: Hymer B544SL
split out from old thread.

and yes, it's well used, and normally quiet. When we went there last Sptember we had a nice meal at the restaurant in the road parallel with marine parade - overlooking the inner marina. Parking is free after 6pm I think.

See my travels blog at
http://Bognormike.blogspot.com

As far as I know, the only motorhoming Oxford United supporter in Bognor.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 24-08-2010, 12:45 PM

Make sure you work out- Google Earth was useful- how to get there. It's not as easy as it looks and, if there is a boat just in, then you don't have time to dither !

As said above, it is free after 6pm but there is no bar to you arriving before that. You have to get a ticket from the machine but I can't remember it being very expensive.

There is a chain hotel right at the end- next to the bollards that separate Marine Parade from the main road. It is less noisy if you do not go right to the end and are away from the hotel and main road.

We could not fit in a parking space at an angle to the pavement ( these are mostly up the end nearest the hotel )and took up 2 of the parallel spaces but the parking warden we spoke to seemed to take it in her stride.

It's also worth checking you know how to get out and back onto the main road next day.

G
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 24-08-2010, 12:54 PM

Re: Dover Seafront Overnight Parking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sennen523
Hi All,
Does anyone know if it's still possible to overnight on the Dover Seafront? I have not stayed there before.
Thanks,
sennen523.
As others have said - yes it is. The easiest way in if coming from the Folkstone end then turn right at the roundabout just before the marina, then over the bridge and turn left. You then have the whole of the seafront to choose from, spaces permitting of course.

From the Canterbury end you come down the road with the ferry terminal on your right, turn left at the roundabout and then carry one through the traffic lights to the next roundabout and turn left by the marina .... simples
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 24-08-2010, 02:35 PM

Is that Wellesley Road?

That's the name of the one we turn left into

Im Hotel bin ich Gast; im Wohnmobil darheim
Chez soi-C´est ou on se stationne!!
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 24-08-2010, 03:13 PM

Yes you can stop there no worries and no there are problems.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

David
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 24-08-2010, 03:25 PM

Spent a number of nights there. Easy to find if coming from direction of motorway, you go all the way to the port roundabout and then all the way round it which means you take the first left after the roundabout taht runs along the promendade. As stated before free after 6 p.m. Be careful at the far end furthes from the port where there are some spaces clearly marked coaches only. Marked bays are at this end but parallel parking available all the way down.
About half way down there is an underpass for pedestrians that takes you into town with a variety of restaurants, we've used the buffet chinese restaurant a couple of times which was OK. Fish & Chips eat in or take away was a bit further on and I think the second on the right after the big TV screen in the "square". Quite a loud hum from the port the closer you are, engine/generators on the ferries. Far end probably better....

Plenty of threads elsewhere

Marine parade with link to more info
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 24-08-2010, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneboy
We have stayed overnight at Canterbury P&R numerous times. Our van is 8.4m and fits in some of the spaces without a problem. I assumed that overnight was permitted. I have emailed my thanks for the Aire and overnight facility to the council more that once and have had very nice replies. I am sure that if overnighting was not permitted they would have told me, Alan.
I'm a bit confused here erneboy. Are you referring to the facility for motorhomes at the Canterbury Park & Ride or parking at Marine Parade at Dover?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page