Camping and Caravan Club ferry offers!!!!!!! - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 25-10-2012, 11:04 AM Thread Starter

Camping and Caravan Club ferry offers!!!!!!!

I am at bit confused as regards the CCC, I thought one of the reasons for joining is that they could get better deals on ferry crossings etc
I obtained a quote from CCC on line and they quoted (July next year) 106.52 Dover Dunkirk. Quote direct from ferry company same times etc 98!

wasfitonce
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 25-10-2012, 11:12 AM

My Motorhome: Hymer B544SL
Personal Aire
er, I think it's the Caravan Club that have special deals with DFDS?

See my travels blog at
http://Bognormike.blogspot.com

As far as I know, the only motorhoming Oxford United supporter in Bognor.

I don't feed trolls!
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 25-10-2012, 11:17 AM

Ferry Discounts

Here is the webpage that lists the fare deals available vis the CCC with various ferry companies.

http://www.campingandcaravanningclub.../ferry-offers/

Your experience with CCC is the opposite to ours for January/ March crossings 2013 using P&O.

What we did find was that it is cheaper to take the car off the A frame and pay for it seperately than to have it on the A frame and pay the extra for a trailer on the motorhome.

Doug
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 25-10-2012, 12:39 PM

What I did was to find the best price with P&O, Dover crossing, took note of the times and ship.

I then rang the Camping and caravan club and told them what boat and what time and got a further 5 off the price.

Andy

There are no typing, spelling, or grammatical errors in my post. What you are seeing is the evolution of the English language in action.
This post may be unsuitable for overly sensitive persons with low self-esteem, no sense of humour or irrational religious beliefs,if you are please disregard the above post. Andy
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 25-10-2012, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkey-2008
What I did was to find the best price with P&O, Dover crossing, took note of the times and ship.

I then rang the Camping and caravan club and told them what boat and what time and got a further 5 off the price.

Andy
Beginning of last month I checked the best price for the tunnel 48 hours ahead of our journey (yes, I know - it should have been booked much earlier - but for various reasons we weren't able to). Then phoned C&CC and said which crossing we wanted, and their quoted fare was about 12% less than booking direct - a useful saving.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 25-10-2012, 05:42 PM

Caravan Club got me a single ticket DFDS Dover / Calais for MH
plus 2 pax for 28 and then apologised and said it should have been 24.
Coildn't find that price ticket myself on DFDS website.

Thankyou Caravan Club!
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 25-10-2012, 07:34 PM
DJP

Re: Ferry Discounts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougaitken
Here is the webpage that lists the fare deals available vis the CCC with various ferry companies.

http://www.campingandcaravanningclub.../ferry-offers/

Your experience with CCC is the opposite to ours for January/ March crossings 2013 using P&O.

What we did find was that it is cheaper to take the car off the A frame and pay for it seperately than to have it on the A frame and pay the extra for a trailer on the motorhome.

Doug
DFDS have a policy where you can book a motorhome + toad as a car and caravan (up to 14 mtr total length). Last year we booked return to Dunkirk without the car for 74 (outward was Easter crossing ) then we decided to take the toad. Had I booked it as car and caravan, same dates the total cost would have been 69 so we added toad to crossing at no extra cost, but no refund either.
Try it.

Be seeing you! No. 6
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 25-10-2012, 08:25 PM

We sailed from Portsmouth to Santander and back via Caen I shopped around because cc&c was too expensive then went back with a lower quote and the cc&c reduced the fare substantially. I'd advise anyone to shop around , same with Motorhome/ caravan insurance do like for like quotes don't presume the cc&c and the cc are the cheapest or the best they are now just running like big business's , as an example why has the Caravan Club spent members money and bought the Alan Rogers Travel co what benefit will it be to CC members ? cheaper holidays abroard I doubt it , you didn't have to be a member of any club to use Alan Rogers

TonyA.

Trust is a Wonderful Thing .
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 27-10-2012, 03:08 PM

My Motorhome: Hymer T625
Calais Dover Ferry Fare from CC

Just travelled back P&O Calais-Dover with MH +1 pax under 50 through Caravan Club compared to P&O 69/79 online best price.

Research before booking is the answer.

Viv

Viv

"When I was 17 the boys used to call me "Coke-bottle-legs". Fifty years later, they are still like Coke bottles. Sadly, the 2 litre version!"
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 27-10-2012, 03:40 PM

My Motorhome: Niesmann+Bischoff Arto 69GL (2003)
Please, can anyone tell me whether either of the club discount deals are available for Europe-UK-Europe or only outbound from UK?

Geoff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page