Service Spanner Reset - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-12-2005, 03:39 PM Thread Starter

Service Spanner Reset

Hi all,

Have a small problem resetting the service spanner symbol on a 2004 registered Boxer (facelift) 2ltr HDi.

I have followed the procedure in the book, holding trip button in while switching on the ignition but get CFG 1 instead of the expected countdown and =0 symbol.

Once the CFG1 symbol is flashing and pressing the button again, (ignition still switched on) increments CFG1 to CFG2 then CFG3 then back to CFG1 again.

Have not experimented with incrementing the CFG1 to CFG2 display as yet and switching the ignition off, as I really don't know for sure what it will do.

I can make lots of guesses as to the meaning of CFG 1 etc, but does anyone know for sure what the meaning is?

Guaranteed drink in it for someone with the correct answer !

Many thanks in anticipation of your help - Regards Terry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-12-2005, 04:37 PM

From interpretation of the handbook (which admittedly is not straightforward)

CFG1/2/3 select the service interval. 18,600, 12,500 or 9,300 miles respectively (can be set for different usage patterns for different models).

Once you've got the CFGn displayed, a quick push on the button switches between them, but once you've got the one you want, hold the button down (it says at least 5 seconds).

This should reset the service interval to the required mileage, and reset the service indicator.

I assume you have had the service indicator switch on due to mileage? The spanner symbol on mine always displays as a test on switch on. When a service is due, I additionally expect a countdown to appear and not disappear until the config above is done.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-12-2005, 05:02 PM Thread Starter

Many thanks Robinhood for your reply,

My handbook only covers the reset with countdown and not the confiuration for service patterns. I guessed that it was to do with the service intervals and its good to have confirmation.

I had the 12000 mile service carried out in France June this year for 60, (they could not have reset the service interval), 4000 miles later I have the spanner displayed whilst the engine is running.

I confirm that the spanner will show with the engine off and ignition on, and was aware of that.

I just went through the procedure again, holding the button in for 5 plus secs after selecting CFG1, and now all is in order.

Thanks once again for your help and fast response - Regards Terry
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-12-2005, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrytraveller
Thanks once again for your help and fast response - Regards Terry
....and the drink?
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-12-2005, 05:25 PM Thread Starter

I do ajollypise - the drink is on its way - Regards Terry
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-12-2005, 07:38 PM

Hi, On the subject of the service intervals,

I have been told to change the oil on my Turbo diesel car at around 4 - 5000 miles which i have done since i have owned it, albeit the manufacture recommends 13000,

I also checked in a friends Pegeuot car hand book and it clearly stated that it needs servicing at 12000 mile intervals, BUT in the small print it said something to the effect that the 12000 mile service intervals were only applicable if fully synthtic motor oil was used.

What oil do you use in your Fiat 2.8 JTD and how many miles between oil changes ??

Brian
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-12-2005, 09:37 PM

The spanner will come on after 365 days, regardless of the mileage setting. This is because a service is recommended annually for low mileage users.
I use Millers XFE hi synthetic diesel oil, and change it annually, as we only cover about 5000 miles a year in our 2.8 JTD Fiat.
Colin
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 16-01-2006, 11:35 PM

Hi,

Is there anyway on a 2004 Ducato of finding out how long is left before the next service is due ?

Brian
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 17-01-2006, 09:11 PM

Hello all,
I have a 2004 2litre HDI Boxer. Regarding the service indicator, the handbook says "This informs you of the distance remaining to the service in conformity with the manufacturers servicing schedule. For a few seconds after the ignition has been switched on, the spanner symbol lights up; the display for total distance recorder tells you the distance remaining to your next service".

On my van I don't get any numbers displayed, I get the spanner flash on and off, on switch on, but that is all. I went to a Peugeot dealer who sent a mechanic out to look at it but he just shook his head and said that my van does not have this feature. I was not convinced [and he made oily fingermarks on my handbook ]. Does anyone know when this feature was introduced. My Boxer is March 2004.
Thanks -- squip
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 17-01-2006, 09:23 PM

Hi, Squip

I have exactly the same problem the manual says the same as yours but when i turn the ignition on the spanner just lights up for a second or two and then it goes off, but no milage shows other than the normal milage covered or the trip milage.

Has anyone any ideas, how to find out the remaining milage before the service is required ?

Brian

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page