Sprinter tyre pressures - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 27-02-2008, 11:51 AM Thread Starter

Sprinter tyre pressures

The answer to my question is probably here somewhere, but my internet connection - on a rainy day in Morzine - is so poor I can't search the site properly!

We're driving a Mercedes Sprinter 310 LWB and don't have a handbook or much experience! Can anyone tell us the recommended tyre pressures we should be running on please?

Thanks in anticipation....

Lucy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 27-02-2008, 07:32 PM

Sprinter Tyre Pressures

Lucy, I have a Eura Mobil based on a Merc 316 LWB chassis. Do not go by Merc Sprinter van tyre pressures as these are far too low. My pressures are specificed by the converter, in this case 3.5 bar front and 4.5 bar rear. The vehicle weight is between 3200 and 3600 kilos depending upon what we are carrying. If you have similar loadings then you could use these pressures until you get the correct data from the converter.
Incidentally my handbook shows the same pressures for a 313 chassis.

Colin
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 27-02-2008, 09:20 PM

Re: Sprinter Tyre Pressures

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosina
Lucy, I have a Eura Mobil based on a Merc 316 LWB chassis. Do not go by Merc Sprinter van tyre pressures as these are far too low. My pressures are specificed by the converter, in this case 3.5 bar front and 4.5 bar rear. The vehicle weight is between 3200 and 3600 kilos depending upon what we are carrying. If you have similar loadings then you could use these pressures until you get the correct data from the converter.

Colin
Colin,

What size are your Sprinter tyres and where do Eura Mobil specify the tyre pressures?. Also what pressure do EuraMobil recomend?

Trev.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 28-02-2008, 08:55 PM

Sprinter Tyre Pressures

Trevor, the Eura Mobil recommended pressures are as per my previous note. My tyres are 225/70 R 15 C.
The pressures are specified in the German handbook and are laid out dependant upon the donor vehicle, hence there are pressures for other MB conversions as well as Fiat and Ford-based conversions.

Regards

Colin
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-03-2008, 02:07 AM Thread Starter

Thanks Colin for your help.

I took your very sensible suggestion and called Ruddock racehomes. I've got so used to not using the phone to avoid the expense that it hadn't occurred to me!

They recommended 65psi for both front and rear. As I'm pretty clueless I'm going to take this as gospel - will definitely be better than the rather soft pressure we're running at now.

Lucy
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-03-2008, 06:44 AM

Sprinter tyre pressures

Good morning Lucy

The best way to get the correct tyre pressures is to take your loaded van to the nearest scrap metal yard that has a weigh bridge talk to the operator tell them what you want. Then put the front wheels only on the scales then only the back write down the 2 numbers, if they are Michelins for example telephone 0845 366 1535 they will give you a exact figure. It is also worth while to pay the weighbridge operator for a certificate, assuming you are not heavier than legal.
Good luck
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-03-2008, 12:52 PM

Re: Sprinter Tyre Pressures

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemyob
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosina

Colin
Colin,

What size are your Sprinter tyres and where do Eura Mobil specify the tyre pressures?. Also what pressure do EuraMobil recomend?

Trev.
Sorry, did not read it correclty, maybe I was looking for Psi(g). I think looking at your tyre size 4.5Bar, a shade over 65 Psi(g) is the absolute limit as marked on the tyre wall?

I have looked in the Eura Manuals and Handbooks I have and cannot find any reference to tyre pressures.

Trev.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page