Winnebago VW Rialta - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-01-2007, 11:46 PM Thread Starter

Winnebago VW Rialta

Hi - anyone else got one?

My much loved VW Rialta is for sale, if you need an automatic van with the best layout possible in its size take a look at the classifieds..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-01-2007, 12:44 AM

My Motorhome: Fleurette
Personal Aire
No not got one, but am looking at your name and it reminds me of my old nick name, wondering if your name is similar to mine. drop me an email or pm.

cabby
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 27-03-2007, 08:38 AM Thread Starter

Where are all the Winnebago Rialta owners, I can't be the only one with this fantastic van...
Attached Images
File Type: gif 22qd-05_628.gif (11.9 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg rialta_front_126.jpg (77.7 KB, 8 views)

My much loved VW Rialta is for sale, if you need an automatic van with the best layout possible in its size take a look at the classifieds..
post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 27-03-2007, 08:44 AM

My Motorhome: In my dreams
I like them too but I don't think I have the balls to pay for the fuel. Diddly Dudleys have two of these for sale and they look superb. But of course, I do need a back bed that is two singles that can change into one biggy which this does not have.

http://www.dudleys-rv.com/reg/vNZK

Just looked at the floor plan and am I right in thinking that the bench seats at the back are 6 feet long thus making two singles. And how many mpg should I get if driving badly.

I'm getting a stirring in my loins. Have you any more pics of inside. Maybe this motorhome is waiting for me.

I want to die quietly in my sleep like my Uncle did. Not screaming and shouting like his passengers.
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 27-03-2007, 12:04 PM

My Motorhome: 2006 Hymer B504 on Ducato 2.8jtd
Personal Aire
Pusser, a few more piccies >here<

Sorry to bring this up P but before you let your loins stir anymore, it looks like they've got marine loo's .

Edgie, all will become clear if you read >this< previous pusser adventure

pete
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 28-03-2007, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peejay

Sorry to bring this up P but before you let your loins stir anymore, it looks like they've got marine loo's .

Edgie, all will become clear if you read >this< previous pusser adventure

pete
Sorry for delay with thanks but slipped off the bottom of the front page. A very good point re the marine loo and one I have lay awake at night wondering if I can overcome this issue in my mind. Maybe, it is because I do not know the best way to empty them, where to empty them and how to look cool covered in ****.

I am also wondering if a VW 2.4 (non turbo I think) engine is up to the job moving one of these around. 60mph cruising is OK providing I can get there before my pension is due. Fuel consumption is another concern not to mention where to park it. Apart from a hundred reasons why it is not a sensible buy for me, I would still like one.

I want to die quietly in my sleep like my Uncle did. Not screaming and shouting like his passengers.
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 28-03-2007, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peejay
LOL - it looks like it has a bathroom 'slide-in'?

When I first saw it, I thought "Why on earth des Pusser want one of those?" Then I looked at the pictures, and it doesn't look too bad. In fact, it's quite cute, in a clunky - boxy - US RV sort of way. And it's different.

Gerald
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 28-03-2007, 12:41 PM

Thanks all. Just spoke to Mr. Dudley, ( I have a feeling he may be Mr. Big) who was very helpful and not apparently phased by the stupid questions I asked. He reckons that it is not turbocharged althought very many of them are because owners have it rectrofitted but it does around 25mpg which is not bad at all providing of course it moves. I am just wondering if there is enough power to drive this comfortably as I was sick and tired of trying to overtake lorries in Two Loos with a 1.9TD and then finding half way past I slowed down because of the wind and was stuck there looking at a grinning artic driver looking down on me.

Everything in motorhomes always seems to be a compromise.

post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 28-03-2007, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pusser
Everything in motorhomes always seems to be a compromise.
Oh boy, was ever a truer sentence written?

Gerald
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 28-03-2007, 06:49 PM Thread Starter

Pusser you are funny....

Have to say the Diesel at Duds is the first one I have ever heard of, normally they are petrol, either 5 cylinder 2.5 or V6 2.8 ... mine is the 2.5 which is pretty good, the V6 must be great.... I would not be suprised if the diesel was a retro fit......

As a camper they are fantastic, they always attract a lot of attention. I had a Winnebago Itasca Phasar as a first one which is the same conversion but on an old Renault Trafic, also called a Le Sharo, that was a brilliant van, the VW is obviously much better... go for it Pusser.....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page