Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat - View Single Post - Importing a motorhome from the United States

View Single Post
Old 16-04-2005, 11:19
Senior Member
Join Date: Nov 2000
Posts: 5,753
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Motorhome Import from the USA

Endura2 and Fozz. I have imported from the USA. Bought through Tommy Howard of . He dealt with the shipping, and arranged the agent to act on our behalf in the UK.
Custom's Duty is 10% of the purchase price and shipping. You then pay VAT of 17.5% on the purchase price, shipping and Duty. Then you require either an MOT for an RV over 10 years old, or an SVA for an RV less than 10 years old. You then take all the documents to DVLA and register the RV. If you require any more info? I will be only too glad to assist.
Anonymous is offline  
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome