SayNoTo0870.com & 0800 Buster - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 19-09-2010, 11:05 AM Thread Starter

Location: Home is where the RV is... Well actually it’s where the house is, but I prefer the RV
SayNoTo0870.com & 0800 Buster

Hi All,

Not sure if this has already done the rounds or not on this forum – apologies if it has:

Had my Orange bill – bit of a shock this month, but we had rung several 0845 and 0870 numbers for various reasons (not included in my deal). One of the 0845 numbers I did not recognise so was reverse searching the internet for it and found this Site:

SAYNOTO0870.COM on http://www.saynoto0870.com/search.php

Non-Geographical Alternative Telephone Numbers database, they claim; Awarded Website Of The Day by BBC Radio 2, and featured on the BBC Radio 2's Jeremy Vine show and The Guardian.

I was already aware of 0800 Buster on www.0800buster.co.uk

Make free calls to 0800, 0808 and 0500 numbers from your mobile with 0800Buster. There is no registration or commitment, and the service is 100% free! if your mobile air time gives you free minutes. I use this one a lot.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 19-09-2010, 11:15 AM

Knew about it but forgot. I have now saved it as a favorite.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 19-09-2010, 05:30 PM

I would be completely lost without this website. I work overseas and use an international telephone company which only allows me to call certain numbers. 0845 and 0800 numbers are blocked. It makes things so difficult when you have to arrange insurance or do most other things from work when the companies have these numbers. 9 times out of 10 this website comes to my rescue.

Remember that the success of this website is due to people adding numbers when they come across them. So please, if you use it help update it.

It's also worth noting that freephone 0800 numbers are not free from your mobile and unlikely to be included in your bundle.

Don't get me started about 00 800 numbers eg Fiat Camper Assist which costs a fotune from your mobile! Why they use it I have no idea. It's not like you are going to be near a fixed landline when you breakdown. Most people will be using mobiles to call it.

Stewart
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 19-09-2010, 05:56 PM

Send a message via MSN to Rapide561

Saynoto0870.com is a firm favourite of mine, but the 0800buster is an excellent addition to the pack!

Cheers

R
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 19-09-2010, 09:16 PM Thread Starter

Location: Home is where the RV is... Well actually it’s where the house is, but I prefer the RV
Stewart,

Good point about everyone has a responsibility of keeping the SAYNOTO0870.COM database up to date by letting them know when new numbers are found or old ones updated.

I know a few people who believed their mobile plan gave them 0800 numbers free, until they got the bill, I would be very lost without the 0800 Buster service.

I knew my plan didn’t include the 0845 but was still surprised by how much we had racked up. I know some mobile plans do cover them but you seem to lose out on other things – swings and roundabouts I guess…
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 19-09-2010, 09:39 PM

...or profiteering to put it another way.

In general originating telecoms operators get a payment for sending calls to 0800 numbers from the terminating operators, which in turn is paid by the 0800 number holder. Mobile operators say it isn't enough to cover their costs so charge for the calls. As the originating mobile network is charging, terminating operators don't make the payment.

However for e.g. calls to an 01 or 02 numbers, originating networks have to pay a fee. So how come the mobiles include geographic calls in their packages but not 0800?

Because they can : you're unlikely to switch mobile provider due to this, indeed reading the posts above you'll blame the 0800 number holder rather than the mobile network. They do it because they can get away with it.

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page