Naturist Beaches - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 95 (permalink) Old 07-11-2010, 08:51 AM Thread Starter

Naturist Beaches

Thought it would be good to share the best naturist beaches accessable in a camper. I will start with a couple from last summer.

1 Montalivet on the French west coast just north of Bordeaux, there are naturist campsites to the north and south of the town and no less than 3 aires within it. Our best spot was driving about a mile north just where the road turns away from the coast. Plenty free parking and a fantastic clothes free beach 100yds from the van. Ref 45.397757 / -1.158671

2 Further north leave La Palmyre for La Grande Cote, past the lighthouse drive past car park 2 and then park up near any fire break heading for the sea. Five hundred yards over a big dune to a great beach mostly clothes free. Ref 45.714330 / -1.23107

Phil
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 95 (permalink) Old 07-11-2010, 10:32 AM

Personal Aire
We used the same Aire in Montalivet this summer (No3.) as the prices asked by the camps both north and south are quite high. Also saw a naturist beach advertised near the ferry. Is that the second one you refer to, just south of the ferry?
Alan
post #3 of 95 (permalink) Old 07-11-2010, 04:38 PM Thread Starter

Hi Alan
I also saw the sign for the beach near the ferry, but didn't have time to visit. Perhaps someone else will list it here. To be clear the beach I describe is over the ferry through royan and la palmyre.
Hope this helps
Phil
post #4 of 95 (permalink) Old 07-11-2010, 05:31 PM

Perhaps we need an option on the campsite database to add if a beach is naturist.
post #5 of 95 (permalink) Old 07-11-2010, 05:54 PM

Serious question - how warm does the water get in that region? I recall that a bit further north and also down in Portugal it was surprisingly cold, but many years may have dimmed the memory
post #6 of 95 (permalink) Old 07-11-2010, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pippin
Perhaps we need an option on the campsite database to add if a beach is naturist.
Good idea. Someone raised the question in the 'new forum requests' topic. We all need something to differentiate betweeen naturist and non-naturist for all concerned.

Cheers

Keith.
post #7 of 95 (permalink) Old 07-11-2010, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bromleyxphil
Hi Alan
I also saw the sign for the beach near the ferry, but didn't have time to visit. Perhaps someone else will list it here. To be clear the beach I describe is over the ferry through royan and la palmyre.
Hope this helps
Phil
We went to that area about 12 years ago and IIRC the naturist beach is quite near to the zoo at La Palmyre. We didn't realise there was a Naurist area but from what I remember there were signs dividing the beach.

We went in September and the sea wasn't that warm (but I'm a big wuss anyway!)
post #8 of 95 (permalink) Old 07-11-2010, 07:01 PM

I think part of the beach at Par in Cornwall is designated nudist.

curlyboy
post #9 of 95 (permalink) Old 07-11-2010, 07:19 PM

Knoll Beach parking - - co-ordinates: 50.652379,-1.95385

Britain's most popular and best known naturist beach is at Studland in Dorset. The location is managed by the National Trust. The Knoll Beach car park is the handiest and is very motorhome friendly. However, not so wallet-friendly, unless you are a member of the Trust (although it's the same price as for cars, and free for members). There's a visitor centre, shop, cafe and toilets.

The bare area is about 700 metres walk north along the firm sand at the water's edge. During summer the Trust even provide a mobile kiosk in the middle of the nudist area for buying refreshments - no need to dress.

http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/main...dnaturereserve

Alternative parking is available along Ferry Road behind the beach (Fire Break 6), but it's quite a long tramp over soft sand to get to the shore. And for my money the car park is rather more secure.

There's no overnight parking at the National Trust property or along Ferry Road. Knitson Farm near Swanage has a small naturist camping field which slopes a bit and requires careful navigation along the local lanes to access. NB Only approach from a south-easterly direction and avoid the road past Knitson Farm itself - it's way too narrow and has no passing places.
post #10 of 95 (permalink) Old 07-11-2010, 10:59 PM

Morfa Dyffryn Naturist Beach co-ordinates: 52.793462,-4.135854

Pentre Mawr Camping co-ordinates: 52.784217,-4.115759

Benar Beach Camping co-ordinates: 52.782919,-4.113956

In the Snowdonia National Park, Morfa Dyffryn is another top British naturist beach, located between Barmouth and Harlech, on the North Wales coast. There is good access for m/homes (not RVs), but it does require a stroll of something over half a mile north up the shore to get to the officially bare area. Nearest parking is at Dyffryn Seaside Estate (fee - about two quid).

Benar Beach Camping at Morfa Dyffryn has a small enclosed naturist area, but we prefer the open views from nearby Pentre Mawr Farm site - a large informal field with water and portaloos only (used to be known as 'Glyn's Field'). It is a large area and on part of the site the owner is not averse to very discreet nude sunbathing by your unit - when you arrive just ask other people there where the naturists are pitched. From the campsite the nudist beach is about a mile to walk, passing through Dyffryn Seaside Estate, which is mainly for statics, but also has touring pitches and a shop.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page