Autosleeper Ford Duetto 2002 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-07-2005, 17:10 Thread Starter
Autosleeper Ford Duetto 2002

Can anyone help/advise?
We are thinking of buying our first motorhome and looking at a Ford Duetto, which is a private sale. We prefer it because of the size and can always go up to a larger one at a later date. Can anyone advise of approx. price we are expected to pay? This one is in very good condition and obviously well cared for.
We would appreciate any advice for or against.
Jim more info.:-
Mileage 16,000
Year: 2002
One owner from new
M.O.T. until April 2006
Road Tax October 2005
Omnistore awning, Winter/summer silverscreens.
I think thats the lot!
Thank You
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-07-2005, 18:12
I would look at motorcaravan magazines like Motor Caravan Monthly, lots of used vans advertised. A quick look in the July mag shows for examples, two Duetoes both 1996 ,so old model vans, both asking around £17,000 indicating loony prices private and trade sellers can ask. A 2002 automatic high spec duetto is advertised at £24,000 o.n.o. If you are considering paying around £25,000 for a van, consider also buying New, like imports built on lwb fiat/peugeot vans these can be brought for around £26,000 ( from memory , names like Trigano or tribute) For a guide price of the value of the van you are considering buying, dealers advertise in the back of the caravan magazines wanting to buy. You could try them with a description of your proposed van for a valuation. Good hunting.

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-07-2005, 18:50
If this is your first motorhome the chances of you finding the right layout first time are a bit slim, in my opinion. The prices asked by private buyers are surely highly speculative. Find a two-month old magazine, pick half a dozen that would fit the bill and call with an offer quite a bit less than the asking price. There's a lot of choice of second hand vehicles so don't pay too much. Private sellers set their prices based on mileage whilst the rest of the world pays on age.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-07-2005, 00:26
We are on our 2nd Duetto our first one Eddy we bought two years ago (1998 R reg) and have just changed it for a new one Freddy ( Blue in case you see us and want to wave as no one does ) not too long ago.
Can't help you much on the price but would look at all dealer websites and be prepared to haggle. Todds, Brownhills, Marquis etc
Good Luck
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 00:27
Motor Caravan Magazine did a Used Price Guide in April - it lists a 2002 Duetto price @ £27,595
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 09:47
The MMM Editor has an 02 Duetto and he did a full lowdown on it in the June 2005 issue.

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 15-07-2006, 00:25
Ford Duetto

Hello all.
Can anyone please give me some advise? I'm helping my Mum sell her Ford Duetto. She has had some offers from dealers of between £12K-£14K. Does that sound OK or should she ask for more? Also does anyone have any tips for selling this vehicle?

P.S Please see full spec below

Full spec:
2000 W Reg.Ford Auto Sleeper Duetto LE. 26,000 Miles, 2.5 Diesel, 2 Berth, extras include awning, bike rack, elecrtric hook up cables and gas bottles. 12 months MOT
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 14-08-2007, 09:29
I'm selling my Mother's 2002 Ford Duetto (16k miles, immaculate, cooker and shower never used) and did some ringing around. The dealer who we bought it off suggested £21.5k through a private sale.

Trevor Siddoway
Prudhoe, Northumberland
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-07-2009, 16:57
I could probably supply you with a 2005 duetto for a price crunching 26,995 with 3year warranty 6months tax and new mot.

interested call me on (phone number removed by moderator)
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-07-2009, 21:43
It took us 9 months to sell our Duetto, also 2002 but higher mileage.
We started advertising at 21,000 but ended up taking a lot less than that.

Its a buyers market etc, etc. A bit of luck is required, we found a lot of people interested in our van were from the other end of the country and not prepared to travel.
Don't be afraid to offer a lowish price, you may get lucky!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page