trendline electric bike - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 14-04-2008, 05:41 PM Thread Starter

trendline electric bike

HI I have a Trendline electric bike on which the motion sensor and rotating disc (Which senses when you are pedalling to activate the electric motor) have ceased working. Anybody out there that could point me in the right direction to overide the sensor so that it would go by just twisting the throttle i.e. twist and go, or if anyone knows where i could get spares or contact trendline. Heres hoping ROSMIC (Rosie and Mike)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-02-2011, 08:09 PM

Any solution?

Hello,

I have the same problem in a Trendline Electric Bike. Do you solve it?

Thanks

Joo Maria
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-02-2011, 08:07 PM

Hi Joao Maria,
Try this electric bike forum www.pedelecs.co.uk.

I was thinking of buying a secondhand Giant Suede bike which is a pedal sensor and they tell you on there how to bypass the sensor which may apply to your bike.

The posting is by andrewelectricbike1 on the 6th June 2007 21:38 hrs GIANT SUEDE POWER ON DEMAND MODIFICATION if you join as a member (no fee) you can access a sketch of the wiring.

Basically you tee into the 2 crank sensor wires ( do not cut them ) and run the 2 new wires to your handlebars where you connect them to a house bell push button switch and fix the switch to your handlebars.
Push the switch and away you go, the push button is a safety feature in the event of an accident, if you used an on/off switch should you lose control the wheel would keep turning.

I am sure the forum can help you.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-02-2011, 10:12 AM

On our Urbanmover it was possible to bypass the crank sensor, although not legal according to the supplier. There is a wiring block in the frame at the bottom bracket where there is a plug and socket separated. Just connect the plug and socket and the throttle is ready to go without the need to pedal. Dont know about your specific model but worth having a look

Noel
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-08-2011, 08:37 PM

[marq=left]

Hi, I also have a Trendline Folding Electric bike which I have just bought secondhand. It has a problem! When I'm riding, the motor cuts in and out when I use the accelerator and with a jolt. (Can't be doing the mechanism any good!). The handbook diagnoses the problem as 'circuit breaker is tripped' Trouble is, I don't know where the circuit breaker is so wonder if anyone can help.

Any advice is much appreciated.

Thanks
CNCP
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-08-2011, 09:40 PM

Hi
I have a trendline bike it's been in the loft for a few years, it was working fine when I put it there. I am open to offers of purchase if any one wants it.

Ron
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 16-04-2012, 11:43 PM

Re: Trendline Electric Bike

Hello everyone, I am so please to have found this place, nealy giving up.

I recently received a Trendline electric bike (red and fairly newinsh) without a charger. The battery under saddle slides down over a 3-pin kettle shape cable that looms into the system, with a Phono shape terminal on the top of battery, without any specifications whatsoever. I can't find any other terminal for a charger. Could someone be good enough to tell me where does a charger plugs into for charging and what size battery charger I need, hence 12v/24v and what terminal it uses hence {hpno/3-pin, etc..., please?

Many thanks
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 17-04-2012, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chausson
Hi
I have a trendline bike it's been in the loft for a few years, it was working fine when I put it there. I am open to offers of purchase if any one wants it.

Ron
pm sent
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 17-04-2012, 07:47 AM

Trendline Bike

Hi,

Thanks for your offer.

I got the bike without a charger and any specifications. I would like to know about the charger, the shape of it's terminal and where it plugs into and voltage as there is no indication anywhere on the bike. Like I said, the battery plunges onto a 3-pin kettle shape cable that looms back to the system and a Phono plug on top of the battery< under the handle which looks like a audio/video plug.

If you can help me with that I would be grateful however, where about is the bike, I am in Kent.

Many thanks
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 13-05-2015, 06:16 PM

My Motorhome: I drive...
I have been given a Trendline Electric Bike and need battery connectors and a Manual.
Living in hopoe
Gil

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page