Schaudt LR02 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-03-2010, 09:04 PM Thread Starter

Schaudt LR02

Studying the Schaudt EBL99 wiring diagram, there is a reference to "Solar Module (only for LR 02)"........anybody know what LR 02 is? I can find no reference to this on Schaudt website or Googling.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-03-2010, 09:23 PM

Re: Schaudt LR02

Quote:
Originally Posted by wackywyco
Studying the Schaudt EBL99 wiring diagram, there is a reference to "Solar Module (only for LR 02)"........anybody know what LR 02 is? I can find no reference to this on Schaudt website or Googling.
Looking at the instruction manual I have its described as 'solar charge regulator for solar modules with a total current of 14A with 3 pin connector plug and 0.5m of cable'. I assume it means a max of 14A.

I have the manual in pdf form and will email you a copy if you want? PM me your email address if you do.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-03-2010, 09:55 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Twinky,I have the manual downloaded from this website, is that the one you have? What I am trying to work out is what the central pin on the three pin plug (block 6) is for. The diagram shows it linked to terminal 9 on block 5 which is for positive feed(to/from) for the module LR02. I was just curious as to what that was.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-03-2010, 10:33 PM

Looking at the wiring diagram I would guess that the solar panel would be connected +ve pin 9, -ve pin 12, on block 5. The regulator is connected at block 6 with the +ve from the solar panel going from pin 9 block 5 to pin 2 block 6. This current is fed through the regulator and back through pin 3, block 6 through the 15A fuse and to the living area battery?

Please remember this is only my opinion and not based on any detailed knowledge of the charger.

Why not email schaudt and ask? I sent them an email asking for help on a sunday evening and got a reply for 8.30am the following morning.

BTW my instruction manual is for the EBL99G and is 26 pages long. Is that the same as yours?

Good luck
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-03-2010, 10:52 PM Thread Starter

Hi Twinky,you have a PM
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-03-2010, 11:03 PM

Having searched a few forums (Dutch and German) I think the LR02 is an old regulator. You will notice that the wiring diagram and the front panel indicate block 6 as the input for a Solar Regulator and this is designed to be connected to module LRS 1214 (see link below). There have been posts about fitting this unit before.

Philip

http://www.schaudt-gmbh.de./32.0.html
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-12-2010, 11:15 AM

Does anyone know where you can buy just the connectors so that i can fit my own solar regulator to a Schaudt EBL99 please?

and has anyone else experience of this?

David
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-12-2010, 11:34 AM

Why not just connect your regulator directly to the battery, most people do it this way.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-12-2010, 07:10 PM Thread Starter

David....you have aPM
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-12-2010, 10:42 PM

Send a message via AIM to CliveMott Send a message via MSN to CliveMott Send a message via Yahoo to CliveMott
The connectors are Mate-N-Lock 12 pole socket cap is made by Aircraft and Marine Products ( AMP - Tyco Electronics) and is an old industry standard connector range going back many years.
It is from the AMP/TYCO range “Universal Mate-N-Lock.”
UK distributors are Flightspares
What is on the Elektroblock is a pin header so the part you need is a Socket housing (called a plug!) (AMP 350735-1) and crimp some sockets ( AMP 827039-1).

Web page http://www.tycoelectronics.com/catal.../en?q=350735-1

And web page? http://www.tycoelectronics.com/catal.../en?q=827039-1

Flightspares http://www.flightspares-electronics.co.uk/index.php
http://www.flightspares-electronics....rs%2082181.pdf

Suggest you ring them up and blag some samples.
Sales Office;
Units 19 & 20 Rochehall Way
Purdeys Industrial Estate
Rochford
Essex
SS4 1LB
Tel; 01702 533800
Fax; 01702 533801
Email; sales.essex@uk.ttiinc.com
Good luck Clive

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page