Join Date: Oct 2009
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Apologies - I'm a complete novice when it comes to motorhome electrics! I don't have the benefit of an Elektroblock manual, just the Hymer Handbook which came with the vehicle. The handbook advises to switch off the Elektroblock when the vehicle is being stored and to turn on again before starting the engine otherwise it will short circuit, which I assume it did, as there was no longer any power to the living area. I wish I hadn't done this as I haven't for the past 9 years, just got tired of re-charging and replacing the engine battery which kept draining down. There were no obvious blown fuses on the Electroblock or cab so I disconnected the leisure battery before removing the cover to the Elektroblock, only to see the circuit-board begin to melt before my eyes! Presumably still getting some power from the engine battery which I hadn't disconnected?!
Many thanks for your advice - sounds like Udo Lang is my next call.