Dometic Generator Servicing - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 18-09-2013, 12:52 PM Thread Starter

Dometic Generator Servicing

I have a Dometic TEC29 generator installed in a side bin of my Hymer. I have a nice servicing record book for it without any entries and I have a long list of servicing agents in Italy which is rather a long drive away.

The Dometic website has a facility to enter my post code to obtain detail of my nearest generator servicing agent. It reports that there isn't one and there is no list online to access. Phone calls to Dometic always reach an answerphone and my requests for a reply are ignored.

Before I go and knock on the doors at Dometic in Blandford Forum, I would like to ask my friends on this forum if there are any generator servicing agents that are known to tackle a built-in Dometic.

I live in Dorset so a southern one would be perfect.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 18-09-2013, 03:56 PM

I did the servicing on my onboard generator, the service schedule is in your operating booklet. Simply changed oil, air filter and spark plug. Was very simple to do.

Every 2 years also check the voltage output by using a multimeter and adjust as necessary. The values are in your booklet and should show you which screw to adjust.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 18-09-2013, 04:14 PM

It is basically a Honda engine so we always recommend contacting a local Honda dealer.

We have had motor homes with the TEC29 and have serviced them ourselves with no problems at all.

We did by a special Snap On spark plug spanner from memory on teh advice of Honda to make life easier

Regards

Eddie

If you are a Van Bitz customer and have comments on your service please Leave Feedback for Van Bitz
Reviews are important to us.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 18-09-2013, 04:39 PM

I have a Telair generator (Yamaha engine)
The recommended oil change is every 50 hrs running
Kev
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 18-09-2013, 06:13 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies.

The similarity to Honda engines is promising as there is a Honda agent with a workshop in Bournemouth.

Although I said that I was seeking a servicing agent, I used the term to cover repair as well. In fact it is more than serving that I require. (I have also carried out that myself). Despite a change of spark plug, it is running rough and only after a long run will it take any significant load. It seems to be running far too rich as the plug is prone to sooting, and there is fuel escaping or being coughed around, sufficient to cause strong petrol smells in the living accommodation.

I've checked the air filter, with difficulty and that's as clean as new.

It would be probably a relatively easy fix if the generator could be removed, but there is sod all room to get at the top, and although it's designed to slide out, the exhaust exiting downwards prevent this. So whoever takes on the task, will have to know in advance what is being faced.

Since I only live just outside Blandford, I think I'll call round to Dometic at the brewery and somewhat demand support. I don't expect to get anywhere however.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page