Iveco Daily rear axle swap - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 17-02-2010, 12:41 PM Thread Starter

Iveco Daily rear axle swap

Hi all,

My mate has a daily 35s12, 2004 and needs a replacement back axle as the diff is very noisy and lots of movement at the bearing.

He has been offered an axle from a 2007 (new shape) Daily, but don't know if it will fit - the new shape has 6 stud wheels instead of 5.

Does anyone know if it will be an easy swap, or is it better to look for one from an earlier model?

apparently, it's next to impossible to change the front bearing due to the way it's pressed in during manufacture, and Iveco want loadsa money to repair - a brand new axle would be almost as cheap (1500).

TIA

David
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 17-02-2010, 07:49 PM

I'm not sure how to do it, but check the final drive ratio of the axle, the ratios are different depending on engine size and gross vehicle weight. A single rear wheel axle will not be over 3.5t, but a twin wheel could be anything from 3.5 to 6.5t.

And you don't really want 6 studs unless you change the front as well...you'd have to carry two spare wheels unless you rely on the get-you-home puncture repair stuff, also you'd have to buy the 6 stud wheels as well!

Feel free to post a wanted ad for the axle on the forum link below
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 18-02-2010, 09:12 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Spooky, I'll try your link at the weekend.

David
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 26-09-2010, 12:07 PM

IVECO 59 12 DRINKING ENGINE OIL

Hi, can anyone please offer some advice? I have an X Registration 59 12 (horsebox) with 240000 kms on the clock. I had the oil and filter changed about 2 months ago and ever since it is drinking engine oil. Has anyone any suggestions please? The engine is quite wet with oil underneath but it always has been and there is no pools of oil after it has been left standing. Many thanks
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 26-09-2010, 03:29 PM

Send a message via AIM to CliveMott Send a message via MSN to CliveMott Send a message via Yahoo to CliveMott
Suspect that the filter seal in not good, perhaps even missing O ring. Hence it will blow out while the engine is running but not when parked.

Clean off throughly then run engine while laying underneath.
Greace monkey type of job.

Good luck

C.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 26-09-2010, 04:34 PM

many thanks, another memeber has also suggested that, i will check it tomorrow, much appreciated for your time.

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page