LED Running Lights - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 27-11-2011, 04:07 PM Thread Starter

LED Running Lights

Looking at the possibilty of fitting some LED running lights on my Ducato 130.

Looking at half decent set of 'Ring' or similar.

Has anybody any experience of similar?
Are there any pitfalls I need to be aware of?
Any specific way of wiring in I should consider?

Any input welcome, or links to relevant info.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 27-11-2011, 04:40 PM

There has been a few postings about this, but I could not find them with ease..... These are the items, and I'm going to use them soon,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/8x-LED-12V...#ht_2108wt_922

It looks like a one for one replacement, and of course sealant.... They seem to be marked up which is positive.... Just make sure they are the size you require by measuring the ones you have, they seem on the face of it a standard size....
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 27-11-2011, 04:49 PM

I have a set of these to fit,the kit looks good

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2509160327...84.m1497.l2649
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 27-11-2011, 07:18 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by clive1821
There has been a few postings about this, but I could not find them with ease..... These are the items, and I'm going to use them soon,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/8x-LED-12V...#ht_2108wt_922

It looks like a one for one replacement, and of course sealant.... They seem to be marked up which is positive.... Just make sure they are the size you require by measuring the ones you have, they seem on the face of it a standard size....
Thanks Clive, I did a search and could not find anything relevevant myself.
These are not what I actually meant. These are side marker lights not the running lights that urban racer has shown in his post below.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 27-11-2011, 07:29 PM

Hi.... Yes sorry my mistake..... I must admit I call the running lights as the side marker lights.... Hope you find what you need
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 27-11-2011, 07:39 PM

My Motorhome: Rapido 7097F
Personal Aire
I have fitted a set the same as the ones urbanracer has. They were quite easy to fit with the instructions provided, although I did mount the control box in a slightly different position.
They come on when you start the engine ( by sensing the load) and go off about 20 seconds after you switch off, so you get a bit of light to see your way to the door. When you switch on the headlamps they dim down to reduce dazzle.

Try searching DRL's or Hella to find other posts on this subject.

Colin
Attached Images
File Type: jpg drl_185.jpg (602.3 KB, 0 views)
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 27-11-2011, 08:14 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by camoyboy
I have fitted a set the same as the ones urbanracer has. They were quite easy to fit with the instructions provided, although I did mount the control box in a slightly different position.
They come on when you start the engine ( by sensing the load) and go off about 20 seconds after you switch off, so you get a bit of light to see your way to the door. When you switch on the headlamps they dim down to reduce dazzle.

Try searching DRL's or Hella to find other posts on this subject.

Colin
Thanks Colin and Urbanracer. I can't really fit these as the Ducato we have already has front fogs fitted in these positions.

The Ring web site has a very good video showing exactly how to fit and wire them in. In fact it lookd too simplistic which is why I suppose their kits are quite comprehensive.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 27-11-2011, 08:36 PM

If you already have fog lamps then the Ring Aurora will fit in the steps, but personally I don't like that idea because it allows much and dirt to get trapped behind as they are not flush and look a bit chavy in my opinion. A member here posted a cowel he made to go around - search for DRL - I think I started that thread.

Hella do some with a flush mount which removes the step and fits a plate around the lamp which can be painted, but these are around 200 - search Ducato DRL on ebay.de or google.de.

There are also a couple of other kits specifically for the Ducato - one which fits in place of the lower headlamp surround and gives 6 or so forward facing LED's.

I'm pretty sure that DRL's should dim when the headlamps are in use so check that the kit does so.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 27-11-2011, 08:39 PM

Hella do a kit, see below for fitting instructions. They seem to be available in Germany on eBay, but at over 200 it's more than I wanted to pay.

Like you, I already have fog lights fitted, but there is no sidelight position on the switch of our new X250, headlights on or off only. That's why I would like to fit daytime running lights.

http://www.daytime-running-light.com...iat_Ducato.pdf
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 27-11-2011, 08:41 PM

Sorry Addie for stealing your thunder - our posts crossed!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page