Fiat Gearbox 3 Litre Comformatic Auto. - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-04-2010, 04:40 PM Thread Starter

Fiat Gearbox 3 Litre Comformatic Auto.

I have ordered a new Autotrail with 3 Litre Automatic Gearbox. I am aware of all the "problems" with Juddering and Thumping. But can anyone tell me if they know or have any experience of this on the 3 Litre Auto Comformatic?
Steve
[Elvis1709]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-04-2010, 05:10 PM

Hi Elvis,

We've only had ours a month, so I appreciate it is still very early days yet but so far, we have been very impressed with the Comfortmatic gearbox and I'm happy to report we have not seen any evidence to date of any 'juddering' or 'thumps' etc. My hubby is thrilled with it and finds driving our new motorhome a real joy!

I don't know if you are aware but Fiat has won this years Which motorcaravan's base vehicle award for the fourth year running and the Comfortmatic has attracted an awful lot of praise. I thought you might find this reassuring to know and interesting to read, so here is a link: http://www.easier.com/64759-fiat-duc...orcaravan.html

Sue
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-04-2010, 06:36 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonesta
Hi Elvis,

We've only had ours a month, so I appreciate it is still very early days yet but so far, we have been very impressed with the Comfortmatic gearbox and I'm happy to report we have not seen any evidence to date of any 'juddering' or 'thumps' etc. My hubby is thrilled with it and finds driving our new motorhome a real joy!

I don't know if you are aware but Fiat has won this years Which motorcaravan's base vehicle award for the fourth year running and the Comfortmatic has attracted an awful lot of praise. I thought you might find this reassuring to know and interesting to read, so here is a link: http://www.easier.com/64759-fiat-duc...orcaravan.html

Sue
Thanks Sue,
That's reassuring to know that you've had no problems and that you've found it a really good drive. Is yours a 3 litre Auto?
Steve
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-04-2010, 09:42 PM
BLF

Hi, I have a CI Mizar Elite with a 3.0L 160BHP Fiat Ducato with a Comfortmatic gearbox. I have just clocked up 1200 miles with it and have had no problems. It runs like a dream and I'm more than happy with it, so far at least. I have just come back from a trip to John O'Groats and I have also driven over the Cairngorns from Inverness to Aberdeen so it is certainly getting tested. Enjoy the pleasure of its pulling power. Cheers
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-04-2010, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis1709
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonesta
Hi Elvis,

Sue
Thanks Sue,
That's reassuring to know that you've had no problems and that you've found it a really good drive. Is yours a 3 litre Auto?
Steve
Hi Steve,

Yes it is a 3 litre.

Sue
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-04-2010, 08:49 AM Thread Starter

[quote="BLF"]Hi, I have a CI Mizar Elite with a 3.0L 160BHP Fiat Ducato with a Comfortmatic gearbox. I have just clocked up 1200 miles with it and have had no problems. It runs like a dream and I'm more than happy with it, so far at least. I have just come back from a trip to John O'Groats and I have also driven over the Cairngorns from Inverness to Aberdeen so it is certainly getting tested. Enjoy the pleasure of its pulling power. Cheers[/quote

Hi BLF,
That's great to know that the Auto does notseem to have the reversing issue, and that the pulling power is excellent. Hope you enjoy your new machine Happy Motor-homing!
Steve.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page