Peugeot Boxer reverse judder - software upgrade - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-03-2010, 06:44 PM Thread Starter

Peugeot Boxer reverse judder - software upgrade

Hi there

I have a 2007 motor home on a Peugeot Boxer 2.2 litre 120 bhp 6 gear power train. I have not experienced the reverse judder but I have been offered the software upgrade by my local Peugeot dealer. I am concerned this may affect the forward performance which I find excellent. Has anyone had the software upgrade without the replacement lower reverse gear and can they report performance after particularly going forward at all speeds.

Hiphop
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-03-2010, 09:43 PM

Interesting ask!

Any points of view folks?
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-03-2010, 09:46 PM

I've got a 2.2 5 speed (100 BHP I think). Software drop didn't make a great deal of noticeable difference to forward or reverse progress. Had a slight judder before, have a slight judder afterwards (nothing to make me feel making gearbox changes worthwhile).

Paul
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-03-2010, 10:11 PM

I never bothered with it as I would prefer to keep my van away from Peugeot dealers - My little van doesn't have any major issues going backwards anyway
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-03-2010, 07:13 AM

My sentiments exactly: 2.2 5 speed just fine here thanks. Not going to let some Peugeot dealer mess it up..
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-03-2010, 07:35 AM

Ours has had the upgrade...noticeably smooth afterwards, and slightly better MPG. Never had any reverse judder anyway, thankfully

Les
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-03-2010, 08:06 AM

I don't know if my 3 yr old 2.3, 6 speed Fiat has judder or not. Certainly it will judder a bit in reverse but is easily corrected by throttle/clutch balance. I spend a lot of time in wet grass fields and reversing up hills (!) but its never really been a concern. It's now done over 20k and seems fine.

I don't feel inclined to have any mods done and certainly not the re-mapping because I had a Wow-Power remap done 2 years ago which completely transformed the van. I presume this would be lost with a Fiat re-map?
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-03-2010, 09:35 PM Thread Starter

Hi Les (Rocles)

You sound as if you are in a similar situation to myself - no judder but had the software download anyway. Did download affect top end speeds in 5th and 6th gear? Performance at this end is fine for us and we don't want to lose that just to get more power in first or reverse gears. Any info on this would be welcome.

Many thanks

Royce
Hiphop
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 13-03-2010, 08:45 AM

I only had a slight judder on gravel, but on looking at posts on forums that mentioned lower trade in values if remedial work not completed, I decided to take it in for fix.

Got it back and gearchange was like an old tractor, had a judder going forward that I never had before.

Gave them it back and waited nearly 3 months on a Peugeot engineer coming to see it (2 appointments cancelled by engineer due to weather and ill health).

Then got a letter stating that gear it was within tolerances, and the forward judder is down to the way that I drive.

Told the delaer that I was not happy, and they sent their top guy out with me. As usual, could not replicate judder, but he did find out why the gear linkage was so stiff (bracket on gearbox where cables go into was seizing up, so much for Peugeot engineer) and corrected this. Said that the judder may have been just the new clutch needing to bed in a bit, and has been ok since.

Long story, but would I take it to them again........No!

David

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page