Truma Combi won't light - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 17-05-2013, 08:32 PM Thread Starter

Truma Combi won't light

In Morocco, been using the Truma without a problem - last had it on gas a week ago but now the gas won't light. Plenty of gas as cooker/fridge working OK. Any fixes for a non-tech person?
A bit naffed off with Truma too as boiler and MH 4 years old and boiler casing sprung a leak - pinhole - and had to replace. Cost a bomb but has worked since until now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 18-05-2013, 07:28 AM

Send a message via AIM to Kev_n_Liz Send a message via MSN to Kev_n_Liz Send a message via Yahoo to Kev_n_Liz
Some Trumas don't like a low battery level, have you been using a lot of 12v, take it for a drive if you don't have a meter, and try again.

Other low tech idea is to check the pipe from you gas cylinder is not kinked or blocked there were a few threads about oil seeping into the regulator if the pipes were not in the right height, can't remember the exact cause.

I hope you get it sorted, but don't let it spoil your holiday, use the kettle and wrap up warm.

I'm ignoring ALL the foolish wind up merchants on this site until they ALL grow up

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 18-05-2013, 11:12 AM

We had same symptoms a couple of witers ago.
It turned out to be the Truma gas regulator which tends to get gunged up with an oily liquid. It will allow a small amout of gas through which is enough for the hob and the fridge but the heating system requires much more gas and the flow is insufficient to power it.
It's a quick/simple job to replace and I now carry a spare (Sort of guarantees it'll never happen again doesn't it?)
There are numerous threads on here and other MH sites where people have had this issue.
There are numerous other possibilities but my money would be on the regulator if it's a Truma - I had ours replaced with a different make.

Whereabouts are you in Morocco?
If yopu are near Agadir I can give you the address/coordinates of a MH repair shop that does good work at reasonable prices and they speak good English. They have done a couple of jobs for me and I can recommend them[B]
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 18-05-2013, 02:20 PM Thread Starter

We are at Sidi Ifni (should be called windy ifni at the moment) so will be going back close to Agadir in the next week or so ...
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 18-05-2013, 03:27 PM

If you are going to be near Agadir I can recommend Mustafa
tel 06 65 72 71 03.
13 Rue di Cheikh maa el Anine
N 30 25.256
W 9 34.610

Labour rates are VERY reasonable. He speaks excellent English and keeps you constantly updated with progress.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 18-05-2013, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billdenise
We are at Sidi Ifni (should be called windy ifni at the moment) so will be going back close to Agadir in the next week or so ...
We live in sunny Yorkshire and it can get very windy up here. We have had problems with the wind affecting the flue on the Truma combi 4E. Is the wind blowing directly on the side of the van where the flue is located?. If it is you could try turning the van round.
Hope this is of help.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page