Losing Weight and Proactol - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-11-2010, 01:46 PM Thread Starter

Location: Brimington, Chesterfield, Derbyshire and Acharavi, Greece
Losing Weight and Proactol

I have been trying to lose weight for a while now and have failed dismally, I play golf and Walk (Now) quite a bit, I have never been able to lose weight at all, in fact I have added more even though I don't eat a lot.
I have a friend whom I have not seen for approx 6 months, whilst out for a walk today a car pulled up at the side of me and this guy got out, I was dumbstruck it was my mate and he was a shadow of his old self, He had lost almost 5 stone and he looked fit as a fiddle, His secret ?

Proactol (He says) he had been trying for a few years to lose weight and couldn't (I know that) and he says someone gave him some proactol and told him to try them, he says within 2 weeks he was losing weight.

Has anybody used these and do they work?

I don't disbelieve him but was it down to the tablets or something else he was doing, ie walking training etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-11-2010, 02:19 PM

Its not always how much you put in your mouth but WHAT you put in there.
Its a known FACT that IF you eat less you will reduce weight.
I bet that if you cut down to 1500 cals a day you will lose it .
1000 cals a day walked 3-4 miles EVERY day Jan til May mislaid 3.5 stone
Good luck
post #3 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-11-2010, 02:24 PM

Les, read reviews for proactol, htey don`t seem to good, but what works for some maynot work for others.
seems expensive as well. Good luck with your weight loss
Kim
post #4 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-11-2010, 03:17 PM

Send a message via AIM to machilly
I Lost over 5 stone on Herbalife, started just over 3 years ago, and within the year had got down from around 19 stone to just under 14 stone, unfortunately have put a lot of it back on, my problem and I know it, Crisps, Chocolate and very little excercise, regretting not being active earlier in life as I now have heart probs..

have promised myself to get more active and cut down on the rubbish I eat......again!
post #5 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-11-2010, 04:06 PM

Theres a simple solution to weight loss - STARVATION

Have recently lost about 1st but have had to turn to chicken (so much that I now virtually cluck ), load of salads (like bean salad or hot pepper salad - will pm you recipes if you want they are quite tasty and quite filling), tuna fish, couscous, nuts and lots of fruit.

Away has gone the chocolate biscuits, crisps and chips.

Main problem may be beer if you drink lots of it.

Dont cut everything out totally tho - you need the occassional treat and we do have a pasta meal at least once a week.

Feel loads better for it but sometimes I just crave to eat something that isnt healthy.

Halloween I stuffed face with lots of chocolates but then went back to new regime and managed not to put any back on.

Stick to it you'll get there.

Milly
post #6 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-11-2010, 04:13 PM

My Motorhome: 2013 Hymer680MB
Try:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...isps-diet.html

tony

WARNING.!!... The above post may contain an opinion

‘In the beginning God created the heavens and the Earth. Then he said, “Let there be light.” And there was light. Which means he made the entire universe in the dark. How good is that?’

This mornings sermon......Jesus walks on water

This evenings sermon...... Searching for Jesus

post #7 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-11-2010, 04:53 PM Thread Starter

Location: Brimington, Chesterfield, Derbyshire and Acharavi, Greece
This is one of the problems I dont eat Junk food, I eat fish about 5 times a week Chicken twice a week.
Take yesterday for instance

Breakfast 2 weetabix at about 9:30
Lunch 2 slices of bread (Sandwich) Chicken about 2pm
Tea time a piece of steamed haddock (Only) with 2 slices of bread about 7:30 pm

and thats all for the day, This is very similar to most days, my main exception is Sunday Dinner which I have always had but even so I go to the local Carvery and have a small dinner which normally only children have, Cost £3.95.

Today up till now

Breakfast 2 weetabix about 9 am
Lunch (Again) Fish sandwich, Haddock about 2 pm
For tea I will be having a baked potato.

I must be doing something wrong.
post #8 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-11-2010, 06:31 PM

Hi Les

You need to be eating the right types of food, which you seem to be doing. Also, exercise is very important to. I have been doing the slimming world diet and lost five and a half stone in the first seven months, but was exercising alot as well. Cycling and cross training is what I do, and it's worked very well for me. I am still on the diet and just approaching my six stone mark. I was 20st 4 1/2lb when I started.

Someone above mentioned that the less you eat, the more weight you'd lose or something like that. That is not always the case. Sometimes the body will start to store fat instead of burning it if it feels it's not getting enough of the right type of food or not enough of it. This can especially happen if your doing a fair amount of exercise.

Good luck it ain't easy.

Steve
post #9 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-11-2010, 06:58 PM

Just had a Health check , blood pressure good, Height check ,then the dreaded weigh in , Nurse advised me to lose 2 stone ,eat better ,excercise more ,as we sold up business ,son just bought 1927 bungalow ,which I have been working on 6 /7 hours a day 6 days a week ,I fully agreed with the Nurse (who incidently is like a rake and has a grey complexion ).but said I hear what you say and I will try her advice ,zzzzzzzz tired nearly asleep after bricking up wall, chasing walls with Lump hammer and Chisel into Peterborough hard bricks !!

Ideal weight 11 Stone 9 lbs, 5 foot 8 " age 65. what a challenge !!

Tony A .

Trust is a Wonderful Thing .
post #10 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-11-2010, 08:25 PM

Seems to me we should start a MHF diet forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page