Motorhome Facts Forum banner

5K views 24 replies 10 participants last post by  raynipper 
#1 ·
every time i press the home button im asked to log in. I enter user name and password and it says incorrect log in details ???? thanks

#5 · (Edited by Moderator)
How difficult would it be for VS to just re-label the Home button and call it something like Access to Old Site (enter at your peril)?

Chris
The question has been asked many times, still waiting for this apparently simple bit of re-labelling
Just put in a request to relabel it now. great idea to help with the confusion for the short term.

Maybe "Additional Features" would be a better term

Case #2265197

Jeff M

#10 · (Edited)
Thank you

In that case the consensus, such as it is, seems to be to rename it 'Old Site'. Please do not call it 'Additional Features' as this sounds like an incentive, not a warning.

Could a banner or some other highly visible text explain that using that button could cause log-in problems. I'm not suggesting a wording because I haven't had those problems myself and don't know the details.

Chris

Oh! I'm too late about the additional features!!

#13 ·
The majority of the members who responded this side of the pond were happy with the button title "Old Site".

Sorry Jeff, but it was only you that disagreed.

Why not just try "Old Site" and see .......... I'm certain long term members would help newbies.

#14 ·
The majority of the members who responded this side of the pond were happy with the button title "Old Site".

Sorry Jeff, but it was only you that disagreed.

Why not just try "Old Site" and see .......... I'm certain long term members would help newbies.
Legacy Site is now up there. Old Site is too generic and not a good fit.

Jeff M

#19 · (Edited)
Hello VS Jeff.
I got a note my subs were due for renewal and clicked on a Paypal option to pey the £12.50. Apparently after I had paid it says I have now created a new account.
That was not the intention obviously but how do I get my original account credited with the £12.50 please?

I clicked the link supplied and ended up here.........................
http://forums.motorhomefacts.com/payments.php

Ray Nipper.

#20 · (Edited)
Ray,

I've just received the same reminder and successfully updated for another year myself. When I logged on I found VS had modified things since last year, and at first sight I've got to agree that it wasn't crystal clear as I will not open a PayPal account.

The only thing that I did differently was to log in to PayPal as "Checkout as a Guest" in a box beneath the one that you completed and that bypassed the account details that you entered.

Reactions: raynipper
#21 ·
Thanks John.
But I'm still stuffed where my £12.50 went to. I don't want another account.

Ray.

#22 ·
At the top of the PayPal invoice it said your money was going to "VerticalScope", as it did with me. So you are OK, Ray.

If you want to double check, your "User CP" will show that you've renewed until 2017.

#23 ·
Yes John and thanks.
I'm sure there used to be access to your payment details and credit card expiry date etc. somewhere.

I just didn't want to pay for a new account only to have the old one closed and not being able to log in again.

Ray.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.